Multiple Monitor issues

Pete

So,

I have three monitors. One 16:9 one on the left, a 16:10 on the right, and a telly on the other side of the room.

Windows has assigned them numbers 3, 2 and 1 accordingly.

My issue is sometimes I want to fire Netflix onto the telly instead of my 16:9 monitor, with monitor 2 just staying as it is normally.

So question is, how do I do this nicely without having to fart about in display settings? Is there like a bat script or something I can use to do it? Also to swap the sound over to HDMI audio at the same time?

Ideas welcome.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
WillPS

I can't help, but I can sympathise with how much of a faff "spanning" was on laptops before Windows 7.
cdd

You can use displayswitch.exe to change external display options from within a batch file.

The switches are /external, /internal, /extend and /clone.
Pete

cdd wrote:You can use displayswitch.exe to change external display options from within a batch file.

The switches are /external, /internal, /extend and /clone.
ah now I tried this.

Clone works quite nicely turning on the 16:9 and the tv, however when trying to retrurn it always uses the TV as the main display instead of the monitor :(
"He has to be larger than bacon"
martindtanderson

Have you set your main monitor from the Screen Resolution part of the Control Panel?

Select the display you want to be the main one, and you should see a checkbox to make it your main display.