Public Transport in your particular part of the region

Jonwo

I do wonder if TfL are waiting to see who's in charge of DfT before agreeing to any new funding from the DfT? Having someone new as SoS could reset the relationship between the two which frankly has been frosty at best.
dosxuk

Any other members experience the "fun" at Schipol airport today?

Feeling lucky that after 4½ hours of queuing we actually made it onto our (held) flight, while so many others were having theirs leave without them or being cancelled.
all new Phil

dosxuk wrote: Mon 12 Sep, 2022 22.26 Any other members experience the "fun" at Schipol airport today?

Feeling lucky that after 4½ hours of queuing we actually made it onto our (held) flight, while so many others were having theirs leave without them or being cancelled.
I mean that’s quite a niche question.
dosxuk

To put it in context, it was the last day of a major broadcast convention.
thegeek

dosxuk wrote: Mon 12 Sep, 2022 22.26 Any other members experience the "fun" at Schipol airport today?

I took the ferry home on Saturday night - took a bit longer than many of my colleagues' journeys but I spent about half of it asleep and only about a minute of it queuing. Whereas someone I work with missed their flight last night because they were stuck in the queue for security and ended up spending a bonus night in Paris.
JAS84

Grr! Stagecoach Hull is on strike on Hull Fair week! Means all buses outside of 7am-6pm are cancelled, except for the Park and Ride. Usually they extend the buses to continue from the city centre to the Fair on Walton Street, but that won't be happening this year.
https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-an ... ial-action
all new Phil

What’s going on here?

https://virgintrainsticketing.com

Seems a bit odd to randomly reappear in the industry in this way (their old Twitter account has burst back into life as well). I wonder if this is the start of a bid to provide services when Great British Railways is established.
gottago

Looks like it might be a Trainline competitor that's taking advantage of what's left of their Virgin Trains brand recognition.

As an aside, god I miss Virgin Trains West Coast. Avanti has been simply appalling since Covid, though I suppose many of their staffing problems may well have hit Virgin too if they'd have kept the franchise.
all new Phil

gottago wrote: Sat 22 Oct, 2022 17.49 Looks like it might be a Trainline competitor that's taking advantage of what's left of their Virgin Trains brand recognition.

As an aside, god I miss Virgin Trains West Coast. Avanti has been simply appalling since Covid, though I suppose many of their staffing problems may well have hit Virgin too if they'd have kept the franchise.
I don’t think they’d have had it quite as bad - Virgin seems to have a bit more pulling power as an employer.
Monolithic

The Great British Rail project may be scrapped. Significant impact on all regions as a result, i.e nothing will change.
WillPS

all new Phil wrote: Sat 22 Oct, 2022 09.30 What’s going on here?

https://virgintrainsticketing.com

Seems a bit odd to randomly reappear in the industry in this way (their old Twitter account has burst back into life as well). I wonder if this is the start of a bid to provide services when Great British Railways is established.
They relaunched as a ticketing website more or less as soon as their franchise ended. It was offline for a long while during the pandemic though.

Worth remembering that The Trainline was originally a Virgin branded operation too, I'm not sure if it was connected to Virgin Trains directly though.