The TSB & Lloyds Bank relaunch news and information board

allwillbewell

The three cash machines at my local station have been sitting empty of cash since last March.
All views are my own
rob

all new Phil wrote: Sat 01 May, 2021 09.57 Genuine question - what do people actually go to the bank for these days? I can’t remember the last time I went to mine. I don’t even know where my nearest one is.
Haven't entered a bank for almost four years, the last time was to close my Grandfather's account when he died.

I use my Post Office to deposit and withdraw money, I can put cheques in the bank through my app, and that's about it really.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
Martin Phillp

rob wrote: Thu 06 May, 2021 07.16
all new Phil wrote: Sat 01 May, 2021 09.57 Genuine question - what do people actually go to the bank for these days? I can’t remember the last time I went to mine. I don’t even know where my nearest one is.
Haven't entered a bank for almost four years, the last time was to close my Grandfather's account when he died.

I use my Post Office to deposit and withdraw money, I can put cheques in the bank through my app, and that's about it really.
I have to collect my mother's pension for her at the Post Office and while we should cherish our post offices and use them, it's very frustrating waiting while someone is posting 20 eBay orders or returning goods to Asos or Amazon before your turn.
TVF's London Lite.
WillPS

Martin Phillp wrote: Sun 09 May, 2021 03.31
rob wrote: Thu 06 May, 2021 07.16

I have to collect my mother's pension for her at the Post Office and while we should cherish our post offices and use them, it's very frustrating waiting while someone is posting 20 eBay orders or returning goods to Asos or Amazon before your turn.
Using a Post Office to send post you mean? Preposterous.
Martin Phillp

48 Lloyds or Halifax branches to close in the new year.

https://www.standard.co.uk/business/llo ... 1634740334
TVF's London Lite.
Martin Phillp

70 TSB branches to close in 2022.

The likes of Aylesbury and Tunbridge Wells losing their branches being in affluent areas show that those who can afford to do so are more likely to use internet banking. Customers will have the option of using the Post Office for basic banking or community pop-up centres in areas where there's a significant distance between branches closing.

Incidentally try finding the branch finder and I could only find the branch finder on the footer of the home page, which shows how important it is for TSB.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59475368
TVF's London Lite.
Charlie Wells

Martin Phillp wrote: Wed 01 Dec, 2021 00.22 70 TSB branches to close in 2022.

The likes of Aylesbury and Tunbridge Wells losing their branches being in affluent areas show that those who can afford to do so are more likely to use internet banking. Customers will have the option of using the Post Office for basic banking or community pop-up centres in areas where there's a significant distance between branches closing.

Incidentally try finding the branch finder and I could only find the branch finder on the footer of the home page, which shows how important it is for TSB.

Who knew that if you operated branches with severely reduced hours for 1-1/2 years due to Covid that branch usage might decline. Nothing to do with the fact that people wanting to go to the branch can't get to it during the few hours that its open, and even went it is open the counter service may still be shut.
"If ass holes could fly then this place would be an airport."
Nick Harvey
God

Charlie Wells wrote: Who knew that if you operated branches with severely reduced hours for 1-1/2 years due to Covid that branch usage might decline.
Indeed.

The TSB decided to only open their Devizes branch on Mondays and Thursdays about three years ago.

Thursday is market day, so there's no hope of parking. That, effectively, only left Mondays to visit the branch.

The staff didn't seem surprised when I told them I was moving my business elsewhere.

I assume many others did the same as the branch has now closed, due to "lack of use".
Martin Phillp

Charlie Wells wrote: Wed 01 Dec, 2021 10.30
Martin Phillp wrote: Wed 01 Dec, 2021 00.22 70 TSB branches to close in 2022.

Who knew that if you operated branches with severely reduced hours for 1-1/2 years due to Covid that branch usage might decline. Nothing to do with the fact that people wanting to go to the branch can't get to it during the few hours that its open, and even went it is open the counter service may still be shut.
Barclays have already decided in my local branch (the only bank that is still open locally) that you have to deposit or withdraw £300 or more to use the counter service when customers preferred to use the one remaining counter instead of the self service machines.

TSB are clearly finding that having branches is a drain on their business and would rather customers had access to the internet or the Post Office than having physical outlets where they have to pay rent/business rates.
TVF's London Lite.
WillPS

Every year that goes by I'm surprised by TSB's ability to limp on with such poor systems, crap branches (both in terms of location and quality) and mediocre products.

Sabadell clearly have a price in mind for the business but what would a suitor really be paying for at this point? The brand is weak and tarnished, the systems are maligned and the customer base they have is essentially a shrunk version of the customer set Lloyds selected to dispense of.

It says it all that JPMorgan Chase think it's a better bet to start from scratch and follow the Starling/Monzo/Revolut digital-only model than to take over a business like TSB.
Pete

Yeah my TSB account, which I've had since I was 5, is now just a backup / savings bucket. I use Monzo for day to day.

A few family members still use it but they're basically online only apart from cheques. Even then one of the Tyneside based relatives just uses the branch in Newcastle city centre to pay in cheques as its opposite the metro.

They couldn't give me a community bank account (non registered charity) so I had to take my business to RBS.

All quite sad in the end as the initial launch under the Lloyds umbrella was promising but it went downhill from the takeover.
"He has to be larger than bacon"