Farage in Scotland

Sput

Was it just me, or did the protestors look more like angry left-wingers than nationalists?
Knight knight
lukey

What do nationalists look like?
Sput

Well, they tend not to carry placards that accuse people of being transphobic.
Knight knight
Gavin Scott
Admin

I understand that there was a fairly wide cross-section of protesters against Farage in the city the other day. Many were interviewed locally, and included pro-union Labour supporters as well as SNP supporters.

It appears the crowd didn't contain any Conservatives, mainly because THERE ARE NO CONSERVATIVES here.

That rather explains why he is generally an anathema to Scots politics.

That, and he's an unbearable closet-racist wanker.
marksi

Favourite headline: Farage Barrage Bar Rage.
Gavin Scott
Admin

The Canon's Gait pub on the High Street, by the way, is rather nice. They have interesting quotations written on the ceiling in calligraphy, including one from Churchill. I wonder what the significance of its choice was - other than its close proximity to the Scottish Parliament (where he had no meetings or visits scheduled).
Gavin Scott
Admin

Fascinating to read to Gorgeous George Galloway is coming out in support of Farage today; a man he described last week as "the poor man's me", "leader of a party of racists".

What gives, George?
barcode

In what way was he supportive?

The thing is Mr farage is correct a proper debate about Europe and Scotland is needed. There to much whitewashing goes on about this.

Just last week in st Andrews sq for European day, alots of stall were set up to promote different countries, which included Scotland in Europe group. Bunch of ejets claiming we're still be part of Eu even if we vote yes. Yet it turns out months ago this point is far from certain, but the group seems stead fast in this point.

Why vote yes to get out of union with one partner and not the other?
Gavin Scott
Admin

Read his interview in the International Business Times.

I don't accept a "whitewashing" of the Europe issue. There's a dozen issues still to be debated in the 480 odd days to go.
Alexia

If Scotland becomes independent, there will no longer be a UK (no kingdom of Northern Ireland, no kingdom of Wales). Therefore would UKIP have to change its name?