ChatPS Watch News and Information Board

Gavin Scott
Admin

Despite keeping things civil on TV Forum, it would appear that I can no longer make a post in the Corrie thread.

This was my attempted message:
My point, throughout, is that it neither matters from a viewers perspective at all, nor is any of it set in stone, such is the nature of episodic television and changing production staff.

I had merely asked - begged, actually - some courtesy from fellow contributors so that we didn't have a repeat of an unwinnable debate that comes round like the changing of the seasons. This was met with two fingers from yourself, and a snotty remark on Metropol, which I have replied in kind to.

You may consider me out of this thread until they move to the new studios, where I will have some hopefully interesting things and pictures to contribute, once they become public domain.

By all means, continue in your fascinating attempts to prove the unprovable.
bilky asko

Gavin Scott wrote:Despite keeping things civil on TV Forum, it would appear that I can no longer make a post in the Corrie thread.

This was my attempted message:
My point, throughout, is that it neither matters from a viewers perspective at all, nor is any of it set in stone, such is the nature of episodic television and changing production staff.

I had merely asked - begged, actually - some courtesy from fellow contributors so that we didn't have a repeat of an unwinnable debate that comes round like the changing of the seasons. This was met with two fingers from yourself, and a snotty remark on Metropol, which I have replied in kind to.

You may consider me out of this thread until they move to the new studios, where I will have some hopefully interesting things and pictures to contribute, once they become public domain.

By all means, continue in your fascinating attempts to prove the unprovable.
Telling people to shut up - the height of civility...

Whether or not you think it matters is irrelevant when the topic of discussion is "where is Coronation Street set?" - you might not like that discussion, but you're not the king of the thread.

I think you were the one who started with the narky comments by telling me how "BORING" it was. Everyone knows that if a thread displeases the secret police over here, you insult the members involved and end the discussion.
Gavin Scott
Admin

bilky asko wrote:Telling people to shut up - the height of civility...

Whether or not you think it matters is irrelevant when the topic of discussion is "where is Coronation Street set?" - you might not like that discussion, but you're not the king of the thread.

I think you were the one who started with the narky comments by telling me how "BORING" it was. Everyone knows that if a thread displeases the secret police over here, you insult the members involved and end the discussion.
Bullshit - the conversation was about whether the titles needed updating. It was the fact that it was seguing into location that prompted my message.

I am not the "king of the thread", I'm the king of fuck all on TV Forum - I was making a point - one which was repeated by Westy and Chris.

But tellingly, you've thrown some cliquey insult into the mix, despite there being no words from anyone else from this site on the matter - the last resort of many who don't have a leg to stand on.
Sput

Now, I don't actually look at TVF much but you're not exactly covering yourself in glory here, Bilky.
Knight knight
WillPS

Sput wrote:Now, I don't actually look at TVF much but you're not exactly covering yourself in glory here, Bilky.
Say what you mean.
Pete

WillPS wrote:
Sput wrote:Now, I don't actually look at TVF much but you're not exactly covering yourself in glory here, Bilky.
Say what you mean.
No no it's "say what you see"
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Sput

Pete wrote:
WillPS wrote:
Say what you mean.
No no it's "say what you see"
But the person known for that is an insufferable twa...oh.
Knight knight
bilky asko

Gavin Scott wrote:
bilky asko wrote:Telling people to shut up - the height of civility...

Bullshit - the conversation was about whether the titles needed updating. It was the fact that it was seguing into location that prompted my message.

I am not the "king of the thread", I'm the king of fuck all on TV Forum - I was making a point - one which was repeated by Westy and Chris.

But tellingly, you've thrown some cliquey insult into the mix, despite there being no words from anyone else from this site on the matter - the last resort of many who don't have a leg to stand on.
The first sentence there is a matter of semantics that doesn't negate my point. I can't understand what you're trying to say in that last part.
I'm sorry that I feel the need to respond to somebody telling me to shut up and fuck off. Or is my response unjustified towards that clearly civil manner?
Sput

bilky asko wrote:
I'm sorry that I feel the need to respond to somebody telling me to shut up and fuck off. Or is my response unjustified towards that clearly civil manner?
I think you should have just taken your "fuck off" on the chin tbh. Now you're just dragging out a conversation related to another conversation about dragging something out, and trying to establish some kind of moral basis for it to boot.

It's really just...shit.

And I'd just hold back there WillPS - it's not worth getting involved. I was trying to do the friendly warning thing, but I've become mired in it.
Knight knight
WillPS

and you lot call ChatPS a clique?

I think "tsk" was the word used back in the day, wasn't it?
Sput

WillPS wrote:and you lot call ChatPS a clique?

I think "tsk" was the word used back in the day, wasn't it?
Say what you mean
Knight knight