Gold (West Midlands Version!)

The forum discussing radio
westy 2

I know Gold on the former frequencies of WABC, Xtra AM/Capital Gold & Classic Gold in the West Midlands is owned by Orion Media(who own the sister Beacon, BRMB, Wyvern & Mercia stations) & Orion mainly broadcast the network Gold service apart from the afternoon show.

I thought Orion were the only Gold that did local news as well, but I happened to tune in at 10am this morning & caught Howard Hughes reading the news!

Isn't he the network newsreader?

Did he appear because it was the Remembrance Day & for some reason it was easier to network the silence, or was there a 'technical issue' at Orion Hq, as there was a local bulletin at 12pm?
Now powered by BT Broadband!
wells

westy 2 wrote:Did he appear because it was the Remembrance Day & for some reason it was easier to network the silence, or was there a 'technical issue' at Orion Hq, as there was a local bulletin at 12pm?
I would be very surprised if you found an answer on here with so few contributing members and I don't believe any have any connection with either Global Radio or Orion Media or an interest in modern day West Midlands commercial radio. I'd suspect your opening theory is more or less correct.

For this sort of thing you'd be better off asking on Digital Spy and there I suspect you'd not be very likely to get an answer.
Nick Harvey
God

Is Mr iSon not connected with modern day West Midlands commercial radio once again now?
westy 2

At least I put it in the 'right' forum for a change, in some people's eyes!
Now powered by BT Broadband!