The Unofficial Sainsbury's Thread

m-in-m

Martin Phillp wrote: Sat 17 Jun, 2023 13.44 June 13th was the last day for the remaining Lloyds Pharmacy concessions in Sainsbury's.
The pharmacy in my local store had already closed. They've now removed the pharmacy space and extended the aisle. As a result half the store has been moved around.
Martin Phillp

m-in-m wrote: Sat 17 Jun, 2023 21.10
Martin Phillp wrote: Sat 17 Jun, 2023 13.44 June 13th was the last day for the remaining Lloyds Pharmacy concessions in Sainsbury's.
The pharmacy in my local store had already closed. They've now removed the pharmacy space and extended the aisle. As a result half the store has been moved around.
Mine closed on May 30th. So far, they've done nothing with it.
TVF's London Lite.
GeekyJames

My local store (Hedge End, Southampton) had it's Pharmacy removed several months ago, I was expecting them to install more shelving however it's just a large empty space, does anyone know what the plan is for these spaces?! Also recently a load more staffed checkouts were removed leaving only 10! Part of where they removed has been cordoned off and looks like some shelving being installed very slowly...
Martin Phillp

The former Pharmacy space is used to stockpile water in my store.
TVF's London Lite.
Martin Phillp

The local Sainsbury's which was recently renovated have finally got rid of the horrible unhygenic blue baskets and reverted to using metal baskets again.
TVF's London Lite.
Martin Phillp

Due to an overnight software update, Sainsbury's aren't able to accept contactless payments, which is affecting online delivery orders as well as in-store contactless payment. SmartShop is also down according to customer reports on social media with some stores only accepting cash.

However they're still accepting cash and chip and pin payments in-store at manned checkouts.
TVF's London Lite.
Martin Phillp

Credit to my nearest Sainsbury's for the detailed information.

The self-checkouts were open, although I did notice when I scanned my Nectar card that the till froze for around 10-15 seconds, but was accepted and got Nectar prices on a pack of kitchen towels.
TVF's London Lite.
Andrew

There was a proper branded poster in my store detailing the information

The only issue seemed to be no smartshop and no contactless, but chip and pin was working

I also notice there is no record in my bank app of any transaction, so I’m guessing the transactions may only exist within Sainsburys internal systems at the moment and not in the banking system
Martin Phillp

Andrew wrote: Sat 16 Mar, 2024 20.05 There was a proper branded poster in my store detailing the information
Someone had posted a branded poster on Twitter mentioning Cash Only, but it was clearly one from a previous incident as it also claimed that SmartShop was working when it wasn't.

All back to normal since around 7pm.
TVF's London Lite.
WillPS

Martin Phillp wrote: Sat 16 Mar, 2024 15.43 Credit to my nearest Sainsbury's for the detailed information.

The self-checkouts were open, although I did notice when I scanned my Nectar card that the till froze for around 10-15 seconds, but was accepted and got Nectar prices on a pack of kitchen towels.
Odd that they call out 'Electron' (a brand not seen on UK debit cards for at least a decade at this point) and 'Virgin' - perhaps because they tend to issue their debit cards as online only but so to do Monzo, Starling, Chase - in fact all banks will issue online only debit cards for basic and teenage accounts.
JAS84

Virgin as in Virgin Money, formerly Clydesdale and Yorkshire Banks, surely? It's not the same Virgin as five years ago. Their cards are Mastercard Debit.

As for Electron, they meant Visa Debit.