New Facebook

Pete

So, I'm the first one to sneer at the "if I declare it not broken then you shan't alter any website in any way shape or form without consulting me first" types but I mean seriously? What the fuck is this meant to be? Have they gone out of their way to piss people off this time.

urgh.

shite
"He has to be larger than bacon"
JK08

Pete wrote:So, I'm the first one to sneer at the "if I declare it not broken then you shan't alter any website in any way shape or form without consulting me first" types but I mean seriously? What the fuck is this meant to be? Have they gone out of their way to piss people off this time.

urgh.

shite
Agreed, doing my head in!
Jamesypoo

I don't this is one where everybody will eventually think it's wonderful and forget about the old version, either.
woah

I can't quite fathom the idea behind it - why does it want to guess what I might like? If I like something I'll choose myself thankyou Facebook. I don't like that it's combined the chat and mail into one big useless lump as well recently (even though that happened a while back). It was fine as it was before..
Critique

I, too, hate this new Facebook. If I make a 'Smart List', anything that happens comes up as a Notification, and I don't actually see how you can keep up-to-date with what friends are doing, if the Newsfeed consists of 'top stories' and Farmville requests...

I don't know if I was the only one, but I liked viewing Status Updates on their own, without anything else inbetween?
wells

Presumably Facebook have made all these changes in a mad panic over the launch of Google+?
Gavin Scott
Admin

My pc won't boot right now, but my iPad is still using the last style. I just read someone posting that if you go to account settings and click UK language it will revert back to old style.

If true, it probably won't last long.

Can't imagine they're panicked about the woeful google offering, but you never know how "paper billionaires" think.

Have Facebook ever gone back on a design change due to people moaning?
all new Phil

I think they're just overcomplicating things and trying to change things that really don't need it.

Fucking Booooooo.
rob

Just tried to "unsubscribe" from someone's (my sister's) activity updates. The message popped up "You won't see activity updates from her again" and the minute I refresh, the activity update is still there and refuses to go away.

What a load of shite.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
Jake

Facebook's f8 conference kicks off tomorrow, so I guess we'll hear some rationale then. Not impressed so far though, particularly with what they've done to the news feed (although I do like the larger pictures).
DVB Cornwall

Didn't like at first, now find it a significant step forward. The ticker is great. Clearly the intention is to merge the Twitter concept of following others who have no friend relationship into FB, which it does well. Changes to the News Feed were needed for this to come on stream so they've taken things forward into a more organised display.

The next stage announcements will be fascinating as I note the location feature has been re-introduced in a much more effective manner, this will enable local companies to get on board in a big way. Facebook will very much adopt a 'parish magazine' approach sooner rather than later.

Looks very exciting in my view.