New Facebook

Gavin Scott
Admin

She was Joan Co. Selling ladies knickers.
dosxuk

Gavin Scott wrote:She was Joan Co. Selling ladies knickers.
I thought it was Joan d'Co?
Gavin Scott
Admin

Of course, yes, I forgot the d.

Dirty knickers.
Gavin Scott
Admin

So, a new change I have just observed - Facebook seems to be recognising content within posts - today, unsurprisingly, there's been a lot of messages about Steve Jobs; and even though most haven't tagged his name, its begun to compile all the RIP messages and news stories into a category, thus:

I'm wondering if it has the capacity to do this with people and things who don't have a profile as such, or whether its restricted to those that do.
lukey

They've trialled a few of those aggregates before - I used to get a 'Bob and x other people are talking about *blah*' - but that is a...particularly ugly variation on the theme.
Pete

Gavin Scott wrote:So, a new change I have just observed - Facebook seems to be recognising content within posts - today, unsurprisingly, there's been a lot of messages about Steve Jobs; and even though most haven't tagged his name, its begun to compile all the RIP messages and news stories into a category, thus:

I'm wondering if it has the capacity to do this with people and things who don't have a profile as such, or whether its restricted to those that do.
It's done this for a while, started with aggregating birthday posts before moving out to other things.

It annoys me, esp when I repost an article and by "tidying it up" for me I lose the ability to easily see the comments on my posting and the original.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Alexia

News feed options are now "TOP STORIES FIRST" or "SORT BY RECENCY". Is recency even a word?
Nick Harvey
God

NO. Not even in Welsh.

And I haven't got that option yet, so put me down as bunnius unhappius.
martindtanderson

I don't have the live stream ticker yet, or the sorting, but I am sporting a timeline profile
Alexia

Nick Harvey wrote:NO. Not even in Welsh.
Sboncen.
Nick Harvey
God

Alexia wrote:
Nick Harvey wrote:NO. Not even in Welsh.
Sboncen.
I roughly follow where you're coming from, but that reply is a load of balls. Squash balls!