News of the World rebrands.... sorry closes

rob

Being half Scottish (my mother's side) I've read the Sunday Post every Sunday for the past 8 years and have found it to be a welcome alternative to the tabloid nonsense from the other papers.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
Gavin Scott
Admin

I only read it for the Broons and Oor Wullie.

They wir braw.
JAS84

barcode wrote:
Gavin Scott wrote:
barcode wrote:You never read the Sunday mail ( Daily record Sunday paper) Im getting it changed to the Sunday post!
Good lord the Sunday Post is a bit snoozeworthy.

Why the compulsion to buy a paper anyway? If the one you like is closed down, do you need to have a second choice?
what worse is I never made this choice, its was the paper shop, I found out that most shops north of the border changed most of the customers over to Sunday mail. I think its going to get stopped from this weekend.
:o How rude! They should've asked what paper people wanted switching to, if any.
Gavin Scott
Admin

Its apparently something of a blow to newsagents - a few hundred copies of NoTW down in takings must have an impact - although I don't know what that rag retailed for, or what the margin was for the seller.

So substituting another paper would seem logical until the customer opts out.

I like a good read, but Sunday papers are just too much these days. Some of them have a dozen sections.

Meh. No time for all that.
JAS84

Fair enough, but they should've asked customers which paper they wanted. NotW was £1.00 by the way.