Teeth

Gavin Scott
Admin

Chie wrote:.. the risk of lockjaw and even upper body paralysis was too high.
Lockjaw as in tetanus? I thought you could only get that from bacteria in soil.

I had four wisdom teeth in at 16, and all taken out (in two sessions) by 18. Wasn't particularly nice.
Chie

Lockjaw as in trismus.
Gavin Scott
Admin

Oh, that's interesting. Hadn't heard of this.
Chie

Gavin Scott wrote:
Ant wrote:I have to admit my teeth are a little discoloured, and it's a little irritating. Saying that, the dentist never complains. In fact I'm sure she said my teeth are perfectly healthy, so perhaps they aren't as bad as I think.

Considering using one of them teeth whitening kits, but I presume they're a bit rubbish.
They are.

Go here.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sourc ... 01.88,,0,0

100 blabs. Save up. Zoom whitening. Lasts a year. 8 shades lighter.

Although call first. I was going to pay my sister and (new) brother in law for their wedding gift, and they said they were waiting for a lamp to come from the states.
Just had a response from our local purveyor of Zoom whitening regarding my enquiry about the cost. It is £400 including a £220 home whitening kit that apparently you HAVE to use as soon as you get home and continue using (although he did not say with what sort of regularity) in order for the effects to last for any reasonable length of time. He said, "some people dupe you into thinking that the procedure alone is enough, but it's never as good."

Is he talking bullfeathers?
Gavin Scott
Admin

Chie wrote:Just had a response from our local purveyor of Zoom whitening regarding my enquiry about the cost. It is £400 including a £220 home whitening kit that apparently you HAVE to use as soon as you get home and continue using (although he did not say with what sort of regularity) in order for the effects to last for any reasonable length of time. He said, "some people dupe you into thinking that the procedure alone is enough, but it's never as good."

Is he talking bullfeathers?
I used the system in Edinburgh and was offered no after care product. The chap (as you can see its a humble sunbed centre) was very candid and explained he bought the equipment to complete his "tan, teeth, nails, hair" service - and he found prices offered by cosmetic dentists to be ludicrously over-egged. Consequently he's very busy.

In the States this year I used the same system - but I was offered the after care. The salesman gave me all the patter about my teeth staining if I didn't buy it, but he was wrong.

I don't know what bullfeathers are, but I'm pretty sure he's talking shit.
Chie

Thought so.
Cache

I've been using Blanx toothpaste along with a sonic toothbrush, and mine have improved dramatically within about two weeks. I used to drink a lot of coffee so they were a little stained and yellow. All gone now though.
maltou

Hi Dr Lobster, its worth trying purely white deluxe,

metropol lover
Martin Phillp

I changed my toothbrush brand to Colgate 360 Gold with fused charcoal bristles and that has done wonders for my teeth. I used to get really bad calcium build up three months after seeing the hygienist, but it's all gone now!
TVF's London Lite.
Pete

I adore the effort of the spammer who has not only addressed Lobster, but added "Metropol lover" to their signature.

I mean I've still banned them and removed the URL from the ad but points for effort.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
cwathen

Pete wrote: Sat 29 Jan, 2022 19.51 I adore the effort of the spammer who has not only addressed Lobster, but added "Metropol lover" to their signature.

I mean I've still banned them and removed the URL from the ad but points for effort.
Yet somehow they didn't think trawling a dead thread from 2011 is possibly not the best way to blend in.