The Rapture

dosxuk

Well, it's gone 6pm, anyone else survive?
Critique

I have. No Earthquake here! BBC New countdown timed into 6pm perfectly - incredibly sad, I know!
Jenny

One of my neighbour's rabbits is missing. Maybe it's been raptured. Or maybe it's just run off and will turn up in someone else's garden like last time. WE JUST DON'T KNOW.
Things I have learnt from Metropol
1. Wishful thinking is valid evidence for just about anything
Cache

I'm still alive. Although I did see a very old, drunk walking though town in swimming trunks today, so in a way, I wish I wasn't.
bilky asko

Mattarz wrote:I'm still alive. Although I did see a very old, drunk walking though town in swimming trunks today, so in a way, I wish I wasn't.
Sorry!
Chie

It's supposed to begin at 6pm PDT, which is about 3am our time.
Jenny wrote:One of my neighbour's rabbits is missing. Maybe it's been raptured. Or maybe it's just run off and will turn up in someone else's garden like last time. WE JUST DON'T KNOW.
Are you sure it hasn't been snatched by a raptor?
Inspector Sands

Chie wrote:It's supposed to begin at 6pm PDT, which is about 3am our time.
No, it was supposed to be at 6pm local time.... whenever that is in your timezone. That doesn't make sense but then the bloke who came up with this isn't exactly a man of science
Chie

Right. Well from what I can gather, 6pm was merely the beginning of the Rapture and it's going to take until October to fully destroy the world, so there's time yet!
bilky asko

Chie wrote:Right. Well from what I can gather, 6pm was merely the beginning of the Rapture and it's going to take until October to fully destroy the world, so there's time yet!
He said a huge earthquake would signify the start, and that hasn't happened.
Jamesypoo

On CBS news last night, they said 6pm Eastern which would be 11pm BST? Bit confused.
dosxuk

I get the impression that the guy who made the prediction just said 6pm, with no forethought as to the complication of timezones. I guess we'll all just have to have our fingers crossed until 6am to be sure it isn't 6pm in some timezone.

It does raise the question though, that if the end of the world was supposed to be today, how can it be next year as well? With so many predictions, I think we need a "isittheendoftheworldtoday.com" website to keep us informed.