Wedding of the year.

Lorns

What will you be doing?

I'm so giddy with excitement that i decided months ago that i will be working. There will be a street party down the road which i have declined attending. The parish councillor in charge of street party asked me a couple of weeks ago if she could use my car park for the day. When i told her i'd be working she was really not happy and gave me a tutorial about it being a bank holiday and that was unlikely to get any business. I replied with " how many men do you know who are gonna sit around watching the wedding and if you want to use my carpark you can pay me for it". She stomped off very uppity.
I'm not a kill joy but i can't afford to take a day off. It's very kind of the goverment to give me an extra bank holiday but who's ganna pay me for an extra bank holiday? There are times i hate being self employed. If i was an employee i'd quite happily spend the day on the beach skimming pebbles.
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
Alexia

Good on you Lorns. That car park is your private property and it's no business of any councillor, parish or otherwise, what you do with it.

I won't be on the beach skimming stones, but I'll probably be doing something similarly time-consuming. My new regimen of walking 6 miles a day to and from work is leaving me legless (almost literally) by Thursdays so I'll probably be sleeping, and then drinking down the pub.
Lorns

For one day only i will be clamping cars parking illegally. i could be quids in on this one. :twisted:
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
Dr Lobster*

i very fond of our monarchy. i love it's eccentric oddball characters and anachronistic little ways.

nevertheless, if possible i'll be as far away from any "street party" as i can and i'll be going for a walk and bag of chips somewhere. i just can't get excited about it.
Alexia

Dr Lobster* wrote:i very fond of our monarchy. i love it's eccentric oddball characters and anachronistic little ways.
Sounds like the Isle of Wight to me.... ;)
Ebeneezer Scrooge

Seems to me that there'll be a bunch of us metrousers sat in the middle of a field somewhere as far from a TV and street party as we can get.

Any preference on the field?
Snarky
Lorns

I love the royals too. It's just that i wish i was 10/11 again. Charles and Di's marrige was magical to me back then. Now i'm a grown up and have mouths to feed and a roof to keep over my head the magic of the monarchy has been lost on me. I hope everyone who is into it has a fab day.
Lorns

Ebeneezer Scrooge wrote:Seems to me that there'll be a bunch of us metrousers sat in the middle of a field somewhere as far from a TV and street party as we can get.

Any preference on the field?
I have Michael Eavis on speed dial. :) Bono & Geldof will be busy playing god elsewhere. So just us and the cows and a cow bell or 2.
Chie

I'm currently umming and arring about whether to actually go to the wedding. Train tickets to London have risen by a galling 300% since I last visited the capital three years ago. I just don't know if it's worth it. :?
Jamesypoo

Chie wrote:I'm currently umming and arring about whether to actually go to the wedding. Train tickets to London have risen by a galling 300% since I last visited the capital three years ago. I just don't know if it's worth it. :?
Have you got your invite already? I'm still waiting for mine.
Sput

Chie wrote:I'm currently umming and arring about whether to actually go to the wedding. Train tickets to London have risen by a galling 300% since I last visited the capital three years ago. I just don't know if it's worth it. :?
That's strange. It's almost like there's some kind of event that people are flocking to london for...
Knight knight