Non widescreen monitors

Chie

bilky asko wrote:I've no idea how to respond to that imbecilic, incongruous suggestion.
Excuse me? It's a 4:3 19" LCD monitor, which is what the OP wanted...
CONTENTS Bilky. You don't need to read all 251 pages including the chapters about race, gender, pregnancy, hovercraft and taxis to find out what your obligations are towards a partially sighted person within the office environment. You look up the relevant chapters IN THE CONTENTS.
m-in-m

Chie wrote:
bilky asko wrote:I've no idea how to respond to that imbecilic, incongruous suggestion.
Sorry but being the OP, my question was:
m-in-m wrote:Does anyone know of a retailer (ideally online) selling non widescreen monitors in sizes beyond 19"
So actually a 4:3 19" LCD monitor wasn't what I wanted.
bilky asko

Chie wrote:
Chortle
Chie wrote:
CONTENTS Bilky. You don't need to read all 251 pages including the chapters about race, gender, pregnancy, hovercraft and taxis to find out what your obligations are towards a partially sighted person within the office environment. You look up the relevant chapters IN THE CONTENTS.
It still needs interpretation by legal professionals for it to be understood down to the fine details, even if not every page of the huge Act is relevant to the disabled.

I think it was already established anyway that a new monitor wouldn't be useful, and that a screen magnifier would be cheaper and useful.
Chie

bilky asko wrote:It still needs interpretation by legal professionals for it to be understood down to the fine details,
No it doesn't.
bilky asko

Chie wrote:
bilky asko wrote:It still needs interpretation by legal professionals for it to be understood down to the fine details,
No it doesn't.
So is that why statutory interpretation is a constant problem for judges? The Equality Act will contain sections that are ambiguous, and I doubt that the man on the street would understand the rules of statutory interpretation, have a knowledge of the Interpretation Act, and will be able to give a precise simplification of the law.

Not only that, but for the man on the street, much of the language will be confusing, if not ambiguous. If you want to read through Acts every day, and you are able to comprehend them fully, then go ahead.
Chie

Bilky, it's not incumbent upon 'the man in the street' to deal with these matters. If an employer isn't capable of understanding the act then they shouldn't be in the job, frankly. The three pages relating to adjustments for disabled persons (that's three pages - not the whole fucking act) couldn't be any clearer.
bilky asko wrote:I doubt that the man on the street ... will be able to give a precise simplification of the law.
Yet one has done so in this very thread.
bilky asko

Chie wrote:Bilky, it's not [...] any clearer.
bilky asko wrote:I doubt that the man on the street ... will be able to give a precise simplification of the law.
Yet one [...] thread.
Shortening quotes to remove context is easy to do. I am refering to the Act - which isn't easy to understand. Hence why reading the Act is bad idea - but getting advice from someone in the legal profession who has understood it is.