Pig Flu - the swines !

Square Eyes

Well the birds couldn't manage it so up step the pigs to have a go at us now with a flu virus of their very own.

The whole animal kingdom will be lining up for a go soon. Worried ? Or just an excuse for a bit of mass hysteria on Sky News ?
wells

I wouldn't mind but I'm only just getting over Sars! :roll:
cdd

Well I only got back from Mexico quite recently. Who knows if I'm contaminated?

I don't think I'm a swine, so I may have got away with it!
iSon

Square Eyes wrote:Well the birds couldn't manage it so up step the pigs to have a go at us now with a flu virus of their very own.

The whole animal kingdom will be lining up for a go soon. Worried ? Or just an excuse for a bit of mass hysteria on Sky News ?
Sky News have been loving this - already the dramatic music is being featured on reports and promises of constant updates as soon as anything changes. It felt a bit like The Day Today promise of the most comprehensive coverage of any war ever fought.

Of course nothing confirmed here just yet so no need for mass hysteria JUST yet. It will be interesting to see if it gets stronger or weaker as it spreads. That's the big issue and once that becomes obvious then it will demonstrate how worried we need to be.

We're all going to die!!! (Eventually).
Good Lord!
Pete

I do love how the BBC, the times, the mail et al refer to it as Swine Flu however the sun callit pug flu as if their readership wouldn't know what swine meant :)
"He has to be larger than bacon"
marksi

Tomorrow's not-in-the-least-scaremongering headline from the Daily Express:
KILLER PIG FLU FEAR IN BRITAIN
Britain was caught up in a terrifying health scare last night as experts warned
of an outbreak of swine flu that could kill millions.
Pete

according to the mail, it's a bigger threat to us than nuclear weapons...

erm. quite.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Mr Q

I'm waiting for an outbreak of Pygmy Hippopotamus flu.
Square Eyes

Sky News say swine flu has reached Manchester. Suspected case in a canadian woman.

Meanwhile Morrisons are clearing the shelves of Pork Scratchings.
Gavin Scott
Admin

Square Eyes wrote:Sky News say swine flu has reached Manchester. Suspected case in a canadian woman.
I tell you its *sooo* Charlie Brooker this whole thing.

The Glasgow couple who returned from Mexico "feeling slightly unwell" went off to Monklands Hospital as a precaution to have their blood tested. All quite clearly communicated by the BBC Scotland reporter on site.

But by the time BBC network threw to the same reporter they were preceding the report with the suggestion that the the couple were "being treated for swine flu".

What a lot of horse shit.

Or perhaps pig diarrhoea.
rts

Defra has cut £44 million from “animal disease surveillance through a more risk-based approach to monitoring and enforcement and by sharing costs with industry“ in last weeks budget.

Wonderful timing!