The Official Metropol UPLOAD-A-THON

Pete

YAYAY at Mugabe wearing Katherine's sweater.
Dr Lobster* wrote:does anybody have a clean murder she wrote theme?
shouldn't that be in requests? ;)

On a related note, does anyone know of anything free bar youtube that can convert rm files into flv? Our host provides a gizmo but even that only does avi mpg and mov :(

I did download something a while back that converted several of my TVF rms into avi but I now can't remember what it was. Talking of which, I'll hunt those out, I'm sure I have Ison in Asda's carpark somewhere...
"He has to be larger than bacon"
ashley b

I feel rather disappointed I somehow managed to miss all of these the first time round. I knew my life was lacking something. Sadly I have nothing of interest on my computer.
*whistle*
Malpass93

Hymagumba wrote:On a related note, does anyone know of anything free bar youtube that can convert rm files into flv?
http://www.mediaconverter.org/index.php

Here you go. A present.
The New Malpass.
cdd

Which would be a lot more useful if it converted RM files to FLV ;)
Andrew Wood

Dr Lobster* wrote:does anybody have a clean murder she wrote theme?
Seeing as you asked -> Clicky
Nini
Banned

Ah, beaten to it there.
Malpass93

cdd wrote:Which would be a lot more useful if it converted RM files to FLV ;)
Never mind then. Sorry, Hyma. :oops:
The New Malpass.
Ebeneezer Scrooge

Hymagumba wrote:On a related note, does anyone know of anything free bar youtube that can convert rm files into flv? Our host provides a gizmo but even that only does avi mpg and mov :(
Have you tried super? It says it'll do it, but this useless corporate machine can't muster up enough energy to try it!
Snarky
Pete

Ebeneezer Scrooge wrote:Have you tried super?
I'm looking at super. Haven't tried installing yet though, I'm not keen on the way the dodgy english on its site is also on wikipedia. I'll do some research. It appears however to be something that ties together all the various backends one ends up with thanks to various codecs and lets you transcode between them. So if its not iffy, it seems rather fab.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Ebeneezer Scrooge

It does work well, takes a bit of getting around the setup (and that is where the weak documentation doesn't help) and the user interface isn't great, but it was one of the few programmes I found that could convert dvr-ms files for free and I've recommended it since!.
Snarky