How do you DAB yours?

The forum discussing radio
Pete

Which digital radio do you own? I was recently gifted this rather lovely item, the Sony XDRC705DAB
311SMg0A-1L._SS500_.jpg
Having replaced this heap from alba it's transformed my opinions on DAB. The sound is bassy and rich, the clock and display are clear and readable and the whole thing is a delight.

So what digital radio do you own? Does anyone have a full system or are they pretty limited to alarm clocks and kitchen radios?
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Sput

I got this for christmas.
It is ULTRAFAB because it's also got a lovely ipod dock in the top and no stupid tape deck wasting space. I was amazed that there are so many tape decks still on micro systems. Is it just a cheap addition? Anyway, the sound is quite good given the size and cheap feel of the speakers, not amazing you understand, but not bad.
Knight knight
Jovis

Oooh, that Sony Cube thing - I used one of those recently and was impressed by it.
DVB Cornwall

An original first generation Pure Evoke-1

Still adequate but thinking of something new 'HiFi' wise this year, the Sput machine looks good, does it's remote control the iPod though?
stu

I've been also using an original Evoke-1 since I got it in 2003. Great sound quality (with a bass port!), though since I moved it doesn't pick up much. I used to like the free magazine they used to send out.
rob

I'm a bit behind the times with my DAB radio... just got an Alba TRDAB2830 sat in my room. It's currently gathering dust in my bedroom, not been used for ages.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
Nick Harvey
God

I still get the occasional nag from the man who invented the DAB chip for the fact that I still don't own a DAB radio. I think it's all to do with the fact that he still gets threepence, or something similar, for every DAB radio sold.

I think he's slowly giving up on my Luddite ways, though.
cwathen

I have a Roberts RD21 which I got for christmas. It makes DAB sound surprisingly good, all DAB radios I'd listened to before were either A) utter crap, making an alarm clock sound like a quality hi-fi product in comparison or B) too good, bringing home the fact that you are essentially listening to an MP3 which is nowhere near the quality of a good FM signal.
Sput

Was there ever a DAB signal boost plan like there was for DTT? I'm assuming not but I've been enraged recently as the reception is so hit-and-miss on different days. I use mine as an alarm clock - this was not a good idea.
Knight knight
DVB Cornwall

No signal boost plan, however there has been an on going filling gap exercise by Digital One and the BBC. What Digital One's plans are in the future will of course be moulded by their now 100% owners Arqiva.
AaronLancs

I have a basic simple Mikomi DAB radio from Argos.
Aaron