Galaxy Scotland

The forum discussing radio
scottishtv

So, in the car this morning I noticed that XFM Scotland has gone and we've now got Galaxy in Scotland on FM. It's on the former Beat 106 spaces - 105.7 in East Central Scotland and 106.1 in the West. Not listened to the station much since it was XFM and never cared for the breakfast show they put out with Dominik Diamond presenting. Never really found him funny.

Anyway, done some Googling, and I see it's mostly networked national programming with Scottish-specific breakfast and drive shows (and one or two others). They've put Des Clarke up for breakfast with some girl called Motion from Radio Borders - might give it a listen but I've always thought of him as being quite smug and unfunny in his previous stints on radio. Trying to keep an open mind though. Drive is Garry Spence who used to be on MFR in the Highlands. Hmmm.

Used to listen quite a bit to Beat 106 when it was part of the Capital Group. Stuart Webster and Micky Gavin were a good afternoon combo. Will be interesting to see how this pans out. Fairly low brow launch, but can't say I know anyone that tuned to XFM Scotland, so Galaxy might become a bit more popular.

Any thoughts from the Scots on the board?
Gavin Scott
Admin

Just saw an ad go out for Galaxy on STV.

My friends and I were very fond of Beat 106's through-the-night techno in the early our of a Saturday morning. Made for good background music after clubbing. I used to have to switch off when the chatter started at 6am.