Mouth Ulcers

Ronnie Rowlands

Can anyone suggest any sort of quick cure for this? I have three and they're driving me absolutely insane. I tried the warm salt water but my overactive gag-reflex wasn't having any of it. Will someone please help a fellow brother?
Ronnie is victorious, vivacious in victory like a venomous dog. Vile Republicans cease living while the religious retort with rueful rhetoric. These rank thugs resort to violence and swear revenge.

But Ronnie can punch through steel so they lose anyway.
cdd

Could the affected areas not be removed with the judicious use of a scalpel?

Tip: I am not qualified to give medial advice.
Chie

Bonjela?

Eating food with a high Zinc content will encourage them to heal faster as well.
Nini
Banned

If you got any coconut oil or something which has it as a base, use that. Usually works well for me.
Thames

I normally use the salt water method, but if you can't take that you can get some Rinstead Pastels which help a lot, not the nicest tasting things, but do the job should be available from all good high street chemists / supermarkets.
Sput

I swear by Bonjela too, despite the dance of pain you have to do when you first apply it.
Knight knight
lukey

Does Bonjela actually have any medicinal qualities? I thought it was just a horrid gluey, painful mess in exchange for 15 minutes of numbing relief, before being brought back to scheduled misery.
marksi

This is one of those reasonably useless replies as I can't remember the name of the product, but years ago I used to get ulcers and got a tube of horrible paste. It was like thick Weetabix in a tube. But although horrible it worked fantastically.
Gavin Scott
Admin

Bonjela contains choline salicylate. Its a local analgesic, so should ease the pain and inflammation. Salt water rinses might help flush some bacteria, and will cool your mouth down a bit. A teaspoon of salt in a pint of boiling water allowed to cool completely. Don't slosh it around like a mouthwash or you'll aggravate it further. Gentle rinsing of your mouth is best.

Mouth ulcers are caused by a number of factors, some more trivial than others; but if you've ended up with three of them its possible you have developed a secondary infection, which can make it harder for the mouth to heal.

Your doctor might recommend an antibiotic or a steroid treatment in such a case.
Nini
Banned

Thank you Doctor Scott.
Sput

I find I get them when I'm burning the candle at both ends for a few days and am knackered.
Knight knight