Adverts that irritate and entertain

Bail

bilky asko wrote:Image
Need I state the problem here?
Gavin Scott
Admin

That Lenor advert (where they take a bed out to Los Angeles to let idiots sniff the sheets) does my head in.

Putting aside the fact that the product is called "Downy" over there - and the one time actors say the product name it is painfully obvious its been dubbed, the really annoying bit is the woman who goes, "Uhh... gimme" and clutches for the bottle of softener.

I want to shoot her.
Sput

OH! NO WAYYYY!
Knight knight
lukey

What's with all these weird lobotomised women trying to sell yogurt?
Gavin Scott
Admin

How about this unscrupulous tart with the weird eye spacing.

By the way, they've recut this ad since to remove the injured mum story. Her eyes remain unnervingly wide.

lukey

There's the other one with the mad bint giggling because she gets to eat yogurt. Mentalist.
Sput

Hi!

Me Again!

I'm the guy that sold you your Ciuka Cola!

As much as anything, this advert annoys me because Coke Zero is utter shite compared to the full fat version, so everyone's obviously acting.
Knight knight
Jake

Sput wrote:Hi!

Me Again!

As much as anything, this advert annoys me because Coke Zero is utter shite compared to the full fat version, so everyone's obviously acting.
They're in a cinema, it's going to taste like watered down Coke whether it's Zero or not.
Philip

Everyone knows Vanilla Coke's where it's at.
scottishtv

Arggh. It's so irritating - "I'm here to convince you about Coca Cola Zero". I just want to shout "Fuck off, I'm here to watch a movie, and so what if I like normal Coke?". At least he doesn't do this I suppose.
WillPS

Sput wrote:Hi!

Me Again!

Also - everywhere I've ever seen postmix offered, the cup is always a generic/Coke one, regardless of the drink you opt for; equally it'd be possible for standard coke to be poured in to a Coke Zero cup.

Also - if I purchased a Coke at the EXTORTIONATE prices which cinemas want, I wouldn't be impressed to find the attendant willfully ignored my request.

The advert seems to have been dreamt up by somebody who has never actually purchased a drink at a cinema.