The Tesco & other non-Morrisons supermarket thread

TG

(adds ice cubes for Nick)
nidave

I am replying to a few things on here so keep up!

I find it funny that
one orange is one of your 5 a day
one apple is one of your 5 a day
if you add them to a smoothie its still only one of your 5 a day!

tesco.com is fantastic - I have reduced a weekly shop from £60-70 down to £40-45 as I tend to impulse buy - on Tesco.com I have my list of stuff and I know nothing is forgotten.
The picking system is based on win 95 or CE I seem to recall.. Once we had a red pepper substituted with a small brown loaf?? - and in the bag was the red pepper. The deliver guy was very confused and we all thought it was very funny.

The co-op have been trying to get a unified brand out for years to replace the old coop logo - problem was a lot of the stores are not owned by them so the owner's didn't want to pay (I think the re brand has been paid for them). - they have even replaced it on their head office. I like the look they have gone for - however if you go into the co-operative bank near Victoria - its like a fisher price bank - full of different colours.
Ebeneezer Scrooge

nidave wrote:I find it funny that
one orange is one of your 5 a day
one apple is one of your 5 a day
if you add them to a smoothie its still only one of your 5 a day!
I find that strange too and can only come to the conclusion that smoothies are considered only 1 of your 5 as they are a fruit based drink. It is pretty understandable that a mixed fruit juice will be considered one of 5 as much of the goodness is removed in the juicing process. Smoothies don't suffer in the same way as everything that you'd eat is contained in the drink, so surely all the nutrition is still there!
Snarky
TG

nidave wrote:Once we had a red pepper substituted with a small brown loaf?? - and in the bag was the red pepper. The deliver guy was very confused and we all thought it was very funny.
Three possibilities I can think of:

1) The picker pressed to sub the wrong item - whatever they meant to sub was within a line or two of the pepper on the list (which, btw, is laid out aisle by aisle, shelf by shelf) - through simple lack of concentration

2) For whatever reason, occasionally the teampads we use (ours run on XP) refuse to recognise random products, even though they may, as with peppers, actually be stored in a submenu ON the computer.

3) The picker was a fucking dope.
Nick Harvey
God

There was one period where for weeks and weeks, twelve at least, the bill said that chirizo (apologies if that's spelt wrong) sausage wasn't available, yet it was always in one of the bags. We just kept quiet and kept on ordering it. I think it was about £1.99 a time, so we didn't do too badly.

The other thing I like about Tesco is that you always get all your Clubcard points on the total bill and they never deduct any for the things you send back.
Nini
Banned

Chorizo, you prole.
Nick Harvey
God

Nini wrote:Chorizo, you prole.
Yes, but I only eat it. It's down to 'er indoors to spell it, order it and cook it.

I'm nineteen forties man, don't forget!
TG

Nick Harvey wrote:There was one period where for weeks and weeks, twelve at least, the bill said that chirizo (apologies if that's spelt wrong) sausage wasn't available, yet it was always in one of the bags. We just kept quiet and kept on ordering it.

Not added properly to the system when your store began to stock it, by the sounds of it. To many pickers it's easier to off-sale it and shove it in the bag anyway, than try to gt Stock Control to fix the problem.

If you ever get stuff not on the list or allegedly out of stock, don;t knock it, people! Follow God's advice and just keep bloody ordering it!
nidave

TG wrote: Not added properly to the system when your store began to stock it, by the sounds of it. To many pickers it's easier to off-sale it and shove it in the bag anyway, than try to gt Stock Control to fix the problem.

If you ever get stuff not on the list or allegedly out of stock, don;t knock it, people! Follow God's advice and just keep bloody ordering it!
So does TG = Tesco Guru
TG

It could do.

It could mean whatever the deuce you like :P

tim g xx
marksi

Tim Grrrrrrrrrrr.

8-)