The Tesco & other non-Morrisons supermarket thread

WillPS

Homebase in Tesco:

Not sure if this is a branded range (Entertainer/Claires/Accessorize in Asda) or a store-in-store.
WillPS

It's a store-in-store, to answer my own question:
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/stevecol ... esktop_web
Jonny

scottishtv wrote: Wed 09 Mar, 2022 22.52 You'll probably be aware that Asda's Smart Price range got some publicity lately as it was fully restored to stores following a reversal of an earlier decision to withdraw some of the range (and increase prices of some products).
Would seem "Just Essentials" is replacing the Smart Price range imminently?

https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog/20 ... ng-crisis/

Being fast-tracked to market.
WillPS

AS
DA

Weird choice having the 'ASDA' lettering huge and the 'just essentials' lettering tiny. Like M Savers mk1 I'm not sure it's clear enough that it's the budget tier rather than the own brand.
Whataday

Waitrose aren't happy about Asda adopting a range with Essentials in the name:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60862940
WillPS wrote: Wed 30 Mar, 2022 00.01 Weird choice having the 'ASDA' lettering huge and the 'just essentials' lettering tiny. Like M Savers mk1 I'm not sure it's clear enough that it's the budget tier rather than the own brand.
Considering a lot of people are going to be needing budget brands over the next few months/years, I don't think it'll take too long for the packaging to become synonymous with low cost.
JAS84

WillPS wrote: Wed 30 Mar, 2022 00.01 AS
DA

Weird choice having the 'ASDA' lettering huge and the 'just essentials' lettering tiny. Like M Savers mk1 I'm not sure it's clear enough that it's the budget tier rather than the own brand.
Odd that it's yellow and not green. Yellow is the Morrison's signature colour, not Asda's. Maybe that explains the huge, Tyne Tees style lettering?
thegeek

While loitering in the lobby of an Asda today, I was delighted to learn from the BSL welcome message on the advertising screens that the sign language for 'Asda' is a pocket-tap.
Philip

I don’t think I normally notice new staff uniforms but the new Tesco ones are a *lot* brighter aren’t they?
Andrew Wood

JAS84 wrote:Odd that it's yellow and not green. Yellow is the Morrison's signature colour, not Asda's. Maybe that explains the huge, Tyne Tees style lettering?
To me it harks back to the days of FineFare yellow label packs.

I'm old.
WillPS

Philip wrote: Tue 03 May, 2022 14.55 I don’t think I normally notice new staff uniforms but the new Tesco ones are a *lot* brighter aren’t they?
Yep. Certainly more visible. Tesco seem to be ruthlessly removing all shades of blue and red from their visual identity other than the 2 in their master logo.
Pete

yet a serif font has bafflingly appeared in the mini refit of one of our Extra's non-food section. looks shite.
"He has to be larger than bacon"