BBC Radio 1

The forum discussing radio
Ant

all new Phil wrote:Anyone heard the new News bed on Radio 1?

It's a bit... upbeat.
It doesn't have the 'oomph' that the last package had, but the new strapline seems to match what Radio 1 are doing generally at the moment.
m-in-m

Ant wrote:
all new Phil wrote:Anyone heard the new News bed on Radio 1?

It's a bit... upbeat.
It doesn't have the 'oomph' that the last package had, but the new strapline seems to match what Radio 1 are doing generally at the moment.
They have also taken the opportunity to re-brand 1Xtra News to Newsbeat. The two stations now use the same bed so the weekend news simulcasts will sound less out of place on 1Xtra.
scottishtv

To me, Radio 1 is trying to talk a good game with the "Listen, Watch, Share" strapline, but it doesn't really follow through to the reality of the station.

Listen - no probs there, it's a radio station, plenty of ways to listen (digital, FM, online, mobile)
Watch - I wouldn't say the website hosts that much video, and the webcams are only on occasionally. Really can't see 'watch' being a big selling point.
Share - of course, it's cool now to share everything wiv yer mates, but the Radio 1 website isn't particularly integrated with social sharing tools. The articles on Newsbeat have the usual BBC 'share this' array of buttons, but there's no Twitter integration at all - and not even an 'email this' option. The other pages have nothing in the way of sharing tools, so they aren't living up to this at all. Unless they mean I turn the radio up really loud and share the sound waves with my neighbours.
all new Phil

I prefer the Chris Moyles version - "Listen, Watch Cher" (followed by *DOES HE LOVE ME I WANNA KNOW*).
Pete

I have to say I've felt that Scott Mills has been tired the last few years however the addition of Chris has really brought a breath of fresh air to the show. I just love the deadpan way he comes out with such utter rubbish such as his phone call to Deborah Meaden that began with the phrase "female urinals; talk to me"
"He has to be larger than bacon"
all new Phil

I agree. He really is good at some of the things they make him do - the other day he had to try and start conversations with other men whilst sat in a cubicle in the gents' toilets of a pub. I can't tell whether he's genuine or a really good actor, which is a good thing.

Out of interest, has anyone caught Scott doing the breakfast show this week? I was wondering how they did it - usually they use all Chris Moyles' jingles, but seeing as he's now gone and that would be weird, did they do something else?
JonathanEx

all new Phil wrote:I agree. He really is good at some of the things they make him do - the other day he had to try and start conversations with other men whilst sat in a cubicle in the gents' toilets of a pub. I can't tell whether he's genuine or a really good actor, which is a good thing.

Out of interest, has anyone caught Scott doing the breakfast show this week? I was wondering how they did it - usually they use all Chris Moyles' jingles, but seeing as he's now gone and that would be weird, did they do something else?
Scott just had his standard R1 IDs and Beds. There was an ongoing joke that as he wasn't filling in for Moyles - and Grimmy had yet to start, he was technically the shortest ever actual host of the breakfast show.
Yes, I'm new here. Hello then.
rob

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latest ... edule.html
BBC Radio 1 today announced a range of changes to its weekend schedule following Vernon Kay and Reggie Yates’ decision to leave the station.

Vernon Kay and Reggie Yates to leave Radio 1
Jameela Jamil is the first ever solo female to present the Chart Show
Matt Edmondson to present weekend mornings 10am-1pm
New shows for YouTube sensations Dan and Phil and for Tom Deacon
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am