GCap to network in daytime

The forum discussing radio
wells

GCap media, who have recently been bought out by Global Radio, have decided introduce a 3 hour Network show into it's most of it's One Network stations schedule.

http://www.radiotoday.co.uk/news.php?item.3302.2

Although this is a sad turn of events, this is not unexpected, this will leave at least 40 DJ's jobless. There will also be more networked shows at weekends. I doubt many listeners will notice a change in the output except for a change of voice.

The following stations are unlikely to take the networked shows IMO.

Capital
BRMB
Essex Fm
GWR (Bristol)
Beacon (West Midlands)

The news means about 60 presenting jobs have been lost in the last couple of weeks in commercial radio.
dvboy

I doubt Trent, Ram and Leicester Sound would all take it either as these stations overlap a lot.
NEW improved BBC Sport Interactive listings for DigiGuide TV Guide.
wells

dvboy wrote:I doubt Trent, Ram and Leicester Sound would all take it either as these stations overlap a lot.
It's got more to with the fact they overlap with Heart and it's expected the One Network will become the Heart Network when the Global takeover is completed.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Midlands Network created with a CHR format to compliment Heart's HOT AC format. BRMB has already changed to CHR format (like Capital) in the last couple of weeks, so it's not competing with Heart 100.7.