Radio 2

The forum discussing radio
Dr Lobster*

i used to listen to radio 2 pretty much all the time, but somehow, i got hooked on radio 4. i seldom listen to anything else. i actually find myself using the online service to listen programmes trailed which i miss because i'm at work.

vine annoys me a bit too. his programme is decent enough (in terms of journalistic quality) but they way he interrupts to put his view across is pretty infuriating at times, even if the person who's speaking is saying something unpalatable. i concede i haven't listened in a while - has he mellowed a bit?
Nick Harvey
God

I must give young Evans a try again. Lots of people have said how good he is now.

I never used to like him and was a great Walker fan, so moved to PM on wireless four when he took over the 5pm slot.

If I currently listen at that time, it's either PM on four or Live Tonight, that excellent little programme on BBC Radio Wiltshire.
Square Eyes

Oh god, is Steve Wright still churning out the same old turgid carp ?

Old woman, Ask Elvis, Webcam of the Day, Website of the Week, etc
stu

Steve Wright is as unchanged as ever, a shadow of his former 80's self. Can't stand the R2 playlist much or Chris Evans dissing everything he plays. But it's the only station in Lincs that seems to play actual music.
Col

The only shows on Radio 2 I enjoy listening to are Radcliffe and Maconie, and Janice Long.
Jamez
Banned

Nick Harvey wrote:...on BBC Radio Wiltshire.
Keep listening to that frequency, Nick. You never know who will pop up! ;)
User Removed
barcode

The main thing I listen to on radio 2 is Jeremy Vine at midday.
Steve in Pudsey

My consumption of Radio 2 is really limited to the Saturday afternoon comedy hour, eg http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/comedy/more ... tml#jammin and occasionally Jonathan Ross. Or Evans if Radio 1 have seen fit to put Nihal in for Mills.
Alexia

Since Richard Allinson left, and Johnny Walker moved off Drivetime, there's not much I listen to on R2 nowadays. Always end up with Real Radio instead.
DVB Cornwall

I very much regret the celebritisation of Radio 2. Evans should never have got Drivetime.

I'm surprised that Vine seems to be appreciated, I find him too abrasive and does at times tend to promote the medium rather than the message.
all new Phil

What does everyone make of the rumour that Richard Hammond is being groomed to replace Wogan when he eventually leaves? I don't reckon they'll ever get someone who can pull in the listeners like he can.

Also, does anyone else have trouble figuring out when Terry has finished and Ken Bruce has begun? They both sound the same to me!