Digital Spy Watch News and Information Board

PresIdents

Callum_Preciou2. That is all.
james2001

I'm pretty sure it's the same Callum I encountered on the TV Ark forums years ago- back when they still existed. When people expressed exasperation there, his dad went round sending absuive PMs to everyone who expressed any annoyance. Rather than explain his son was disabled (which didn't happen until there was a discussion about the abusive PMs we'd recieved), and trying to understand why people were annoyed at his son's behaviour, he clearly decided hurling abuse at people was the better option.
Martin Phillp

Digital Spy's BBC Breakfast - Revolving Door Sunday thread sets a new standard for tedious gossip.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost ... tcount=370
TVF's London Lite.
Philip

DVDfever, what a surprise. Didn't he run a YouTube channel called "Breakfast Babes" at one point?

You may recall he joined TV Forum a few years ago just to post inane clips from TV news he uploaded with a watermark.
Martin Phillp

Philip wrote:DVDfever, what a surprise. Didn't he run a YouTube channel called "Breakfast Babes" at one point?

You may recall he joined TV Forum a few years ago just to post inane clips from TV news he uploaded with a watermark.
Oh that's the Breakfast Babes HD guy. If that's also him, I think he also contributes to the even worse "Best Boobs on TV" thread with screen grabs.
TVF's London Lite.
Andrew

I think Digital Spy is getting worse.

Almost all the threads are basically trolling. Someone asks a question, but nobody is really ever interested in an answer or an actual conversation on the topic, just one line quips.

If someone does answer the question, it is ignored and the one liners continue, generally along the line of the channel is crap, the host is crap, the programme is crap etc.
Martin Phillp

Since the sale of DS to the magazine publisher, the standard of moderation has become poor. They're very quick to enforce the roles if anyone criticises the owner/mods, but allow trolling to continue for weeks on end.

However, they don't care as the 'brand' is skewed towards celebs on their news pages, where the real money is made.
TVF's London Lite.
Philip

I'm surprised most of the forums are still there to be honest. I thought they would have ditched all of the media forums like broadcasting, cable and satellite long ago.
Martin Phillp

They tried to move the Broadcasting forum further down the board, but forum members complained and they put it back at the top.

The worst sections personally are radio and broadcasting. Radio posts moaning about repetition and networking are as repetitive as the radio stations, while broadcasting is full of BBC/ITV and licence fee bashers.
TVF's London Lite.
Martin Phillp

Posted at 0151 this morning, yet still on there.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost ... ostcount=2
TVF's London Lite.
madmusician

The survey that they are prompting you to take regarding a redesign of the site has to be seen to be believed. After the usual questions about what you like and dislike about DS, there is a drag-and-drop interface and you are asked to sort over 50 top-level headings into a user interface tree. There is no option to only list some, there is no option to have sub-groups and it is ergonomically very poor. I just left a comment telling them as much alongside my effort. I only carried on because I'm stubborn and didn't want to leave it once I had spent time nearly completing it.

I can't see many people sticking with it, though.