Bring back...

Stuart*
Banned

Sput wrote:I'm ashamed to say I can't pull off the facial foliage look...
But I thought you did indeed already sport some form of designer chin shrubbery ?
User removed
johnnyboy

Smoking in bars and clubs.
Pete

johnnyboy wrote:Smoking in bars and clubs.
oh no, i'm quite content with that staying part of the past. its nice to come home and not smell of smoke.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Stuart*
Banned

Hymagumba wrote:
oh no, i'm quite content with that staying part of the past. its nice to come home and not smell of smoke.
I'd much rather pubs and clubs smell of smoke than stale beer and sweaty people.
User removed
rob

StuartPlymouth wrote:
Hymagumba wrote:
I'd much rather pubs and clubs smell of smoke than stale beer and sweaty people.
Damn right... getting annoyed with the smell of B.O when I walk into the pub after work...
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
Gavin Scott
Admin

Aren't you enjoying this "smirting" phenomenon? I am.
johnnyboy

Gavin Scott wrote:Aren't you enjoying this "smirting" phenomenon? I am.
Alas, I am seeing someone so I can't take the smirting thing any further.

It worries me that 10-12 million people in the UK and the businesses they frequent put up no resistance to this nationwide "smell" ban. Nowt like the days of the Poll Tax riots and the Iraq War protests. We are a people asleep at the wheel.

A tolerant government would have allowed ventilated and sealed-off areas for smokers inside bars and clubs. However, ZaNu Labour aren't exactly known for tolerance.
Sput

johnnyboy wrote:
I feel left out. What does it mean?
Johnnyboy wrote: It worries me that 10-12 million people in the UK and the businesses they frequent put up no resistance to this nationwide "smell" ban. Nowt like the days of the Poll Tax riots and the Iraq War protests. We are a people asleep at the wheel.
Maybe people care more about war and taxes because something important's at stake. You can't really argue that standing outside to set fire to something is in the same league. At any rate there are plenty of people that would rather you do it there, like me! :)
Johnnyboy wrote: A tolerant government would have allowed ventilated and sealed-off areas for smokers inside bars and clubs.
Bah, all that would happen is smokers would stay in there the whole night, and all their friends would stick with them, leaving the smoke-free areas empty and rendering the whole thing pointless. That's not because non-smokers like being in smoke-filled rooms (if they're bothered at all) but because they want to stick together in the easiest way.
Knight knight
Gavin Scott
Admin

Sput wrote:
johnnyboy wrote:
I feel left out. What does it mean?
"Smirting" is "smoking and flirting" as you hang around with likeminded strangers outside pubs and clubs.

Its *very* sexy.
johnnyboy

Sput wrote:I feel left out. What does it mean?
It's when the new social lepers (the smokers) will chat to each other outside when enjoying a perfectly legal substance which props up the NHS and stops everyone else paying an extra 3p in income tax.
Sput wrote:Maybe people care more about war and taxes because something important's at stake. You can't really argue that standing outside to set fire to something is in the same league. At any rate there are plenty of people that would rather you do it there, like me! :)
I am glad you are so cavaliar with my rights and the rights of the venue owners.

This is one of 3000+ new laws passed under ZaNu Labour - in other words, the government no longer trust us to do 3000 things we could do legally and in peace in 1997.

If I do something you don't like, do I have the right to insist you are thrown out of the venue for it even if it is a legal activity? Watch out for when they come after something you enjoy doing.

It's incredible to think that in 2008, I am no longer entitled to enjoy a cigarette with my pint in the warmth of a pub, which leads onto...
Sput wrote:Bah, all that would happen is smokers would stay in there the whole night, and all their friends would stick with them, leaving the smoke-free areas empty and rendering the whole thing pointless. That's not because non-smokers like being in smoke-filled rooms (if they're bothered at all) but because they want to stick together in the easiest way.
...your and other smoking/smoker-haters' desire to control my life and movements as well as the 10-12 million other of us.

So what if we want to have a cigarette in the warmth of a sealed-off, ventilated smoking area? Further more, it is the height of control freakery to deny non-smokers the right to be in that area with their smoking friends!!! Where do you get off, Sputty? :o

Pubs will close in their thousands because of the ban. Tens of thousands of jobs will be lost. All because of a smell and a few million control freaks.

This is Britain, 2008. I'm off out of here as soon as possible.
Gavin Scott
Admin

johnnyboy wrote:This is Britain, 2008. I'm off out of here as soon as possible.
I hear Jamez is off somewhere else too. You might be able to hitch a ride in his passion waggon ;)