The Worst Presents Thread

Jovis

Okay, very unoriginal, and probably not the first on here. But oh well.

Could turn out to be quite funny.

Any exciting stories about presents in bad taste, timing or choice?
rob

My parents thought I might like a CD of Mike Flowers Pops. They thought wrong.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
Hermes

A TV Forum Newscaster of the Year Award (or the Golden Rotas as they're also known) would be a pretty crap Christmas present. Lukcily there's no chance of me getting one.
Gavin Scott
Admin

Hermes wrote:A TV Forum Newscaster of the Year Award (or the Golden Rotas as they're also known) would be a pretty crap Christmas present. Lukcily there's no chance of me getting one.
Not even the classically titled, "has slipped a bit"?
rts

With some people around the world likely to get fuck all over Christmas, I say quit your winging and be happy with what you get.
Lorns

rts wrote:With some people around the world likely to get fuck all over Christmas, I say quit your winging and be happy with what you get.

I was thinking of sponsering a child or a dog this year.
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
Gavin Scott
Admin

miss hellfire wrote:
rts wrote:With some people around the world likely to get fuck all over Christmas, I say quit your winging and be happy with what you get.

I was thinking of sponsering a child or a dog this year.
Sponsoring is a good thing. Children are more important than animals though, in my humble opinion.
Sput

nodnirG kraM wrote:
Not whinging about questionable presents isn't going to cure the world's distribution of wealth, I say continue your whinging and have a laugh. It's Christmas.
You obviously haven't heard that Row's tears are liquid gold.
Knight knight
rts

Sput wrote:You obviously haven't heard that Row's tears are liquid gold.
The halo is an inconvinence, especially when going to a hats-off venue.

Joking aside, the Christmas Message is something of genuine significance to me, and although I'm not religious, I think it's important that the true spirit of Christmas is encouraged.
Stuart*
Banned

nodnirG kraM wrote:Not whinging about questionable presents isn't going to cure the world's distribution of wealth, I say continue your whinging and have a laugh. It's Christmas.
Neither does sponsoring children of parents in Africa (or elsewhere) whose culture encouraging them to knock out 15 kids despite knowing they have little enough food for themselves. UNICEF handouts don'd help to change that, it simply perpetuates it.

The same attitude exists in developed countries where those least able to afford to bring up children have the most, and expect others to pay!

Lorna, an animal is much more worthwhile to sponsor. I sponsor a dog and have done for quite a few years. For a small outlay it's very rewarding to know!

I agree with Gridiron though, this is a time to be cheerful, not moan about christmas or anything else! :mrgreen:

*Awaits moral deluge from Gavin et al*
User removed
Sput

Actually UNICEF does tonnes of work in disease prevention, developmental assistance and education. You just hate children.

I could poke holes in your ignorance in a much more scathing way but it's Christmas...
Knight knight