Possible General Election

Square Eyes

marksi wrote: Edit 1550: But apparently not this time. Nick Robinson reports there will be an announcement of NO ELECTION.
All of this speculation, he could of ruled out an election weeks ago.
Jamez
Banned

Does it matter? We all know that the majority of decisions and laws for Britain are now made in Brussels. The office of Prime Minister will become similar to that of the Queen in a few years. Ceremonial and wielding little or no power.
User Removed
Jovis

Right, now we know, we can stop all this crap hot air by the media.
Jenny

Alexia wrote:In principal I agree with you Stu, and I'm all in favour of FPTP, its stops the extremists getting in.
Are you completely unaware of the ID Cards Act, then?
Alexia

You know what I mean...extremist political parties. PR was one of the chief factors in why Germany abandoned the middle ground and voted for Communists and Nazis. The stupid part-FPTP part-PR system in Wales nearly resulted in a BNP AM being elected, which is unacceptable.

I don't mind the concept of ID cards. Only people who have something to hide need fear them.
barcode

who in the RIGHT mind wanted an election in November anyway?

It was pointless, and also the election register is now also 9 months out of date.

I never wont one now, and I dare say most people didn't either.

but Mr Brown may have been Very smart has he now knows the lib dems and Tories moves / ideas :twisted:
rts

Enjoying the carefully chosen words from DC being chucked about for tomorrow's papers. Weakness, indecision, humiliating, retreat, spin for starters.
Sput

Jamez wrote: We all know that the majority of decisions and laws for Britain are now made in Brussels.
That's wrong. You're utterly, dead, wrong.
Knight knight
barcode

rts wrote:Enjoying the carefully chosen words from DC being chucked about for tomorrow's papers. Weakness, indecision, humiliating, retreat, spin for starters.
David Cameron can kick all the toys he want out of his pram, but the Tories did the exact same in the 90;s, so it bit tounge in cheek
rts

barcode wrote:
rts wrote:Enjoying the carefully chosen words from DC being chucked about for tomorrow's papers. Weakness, indecision, humiliating, retreat, spin for starters.
David Cameron can kick all the toys he want out of his pram, but the Tories did the exact same in the 90;s, so it bit tounge in cheek
Oh I know that. The script writes itself.