Which Post Box Do You Use?

Nick Harvey
God

I normally use the one the Post Office have very kindly put at the end of my drive.

Okay, so it's over a mile from Harvey Towers, but it's an excuse for brown chap (small b) and I to have a gentle stroll when we want to post something.

Nice little jobby it is. Brick built, with a nice, red, metal front. A lovely George VI Rex inscription on the front. They say they empty it at 4.30pm each weekday and at 11.30am on Saturdays, but I never seem to be there to check.

I expect they'll take it away soon, as we only use it about once a fortnight and there's nobody else in the area who's likely to.

Most of our stuff goes by e-mail or internet banking nowadays.
Gavin Scott
Admin

I have a man who collects at 4.15pm. He has a large nose as if it has been broken and very tattooed arms, but I still would.

During the industrial action last week I walked to the Brunswick sorting office and marveled at the collection of vintage post poxes on display outside.

Thank god we live in these times.
Sput

omg did you see a type IV gav? They're DEFINITELY my favourite, those sleek lines around the slot are sex on legs!
Knight knight
rob

My postbox is just round the corner from my flat - about a 10 second walk.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
ThePotato

I have a choice! I can use the one outside the shopping centre, which is approximately 2 minutes walk away, or I can use either the one built into the outside of the post office, or the one inside the post office. As it's only 30 seconds further to the post office, I mainly use that (especially for larger items) as I can get my shopping from Tesco at the same time.
Sput

ThePotato wrote:I have a choice! I can use the one outside the shopping centre, which is approximately 2 minutes walk away, or I can use either the one built into the outside of the post office, or the one inside the post office. As it's only 30 seconds further to the post office, I mainly use that (especially for larger items) as I can get my shopping from Tesco at the same time.
So you can use RMPB1/SC or RMPB2/T? Tumble tower will be excited at this coding opportunity!
Knight knight
ThePotato

Sput wrote:So you can use RMPB1/SC or RMPB2/T? Tumble tower will be excited at this coding opportunity!
Ahhh Sput my friend, perhaps I did not make myself as clear as I would have liked. The Post Office is close to, but not quite at, Tesco. It has two postboxes, one inside and one outside therefore the coding would be:

RMPB1/SC along with RMPB2/OPO and RMPB3/IPO

As the Post Office does not open on Sundays thus blocking access to the post box inside, you could use:

RMPB3/IPO/SUX

And all is well with Tumble Tower's world. Don't you get such a good feeling from helping another human?
jrothwell97

I happen to live around halfway between a post box and a sorting office. It's around two minutes in either direction.
Nick Harvey wrote: If I was one of those people who regularly changed my signature™, I think I'd use that quote in it for a while.
Nick Harvey
God

Gavin Scott wrote:the collection of vintage post poxes on display
It's no good, I've thought about it and thought about it, but I've got to ask.

Is this a very, very subtle one that's shot straight over my head, or simply a (rare for Gavin) genuine typo?
Gavin Scott
Admin

Nick Harvey wrote:
Gavin Scott wrote:the collection of vintage post poxes on display
It's no good, I've thought about it and thought about it, but I've got to ask.

Is this a very, very subtle one that's shot straight over my head, or simply a (rare for Gavin) genuine typo?
My bad. Typo.

I can't retro fit a gag either.
Lorns

Nick Harvey wrote:I normally use the one the Post Office have very kindly put at the end of my drive.

Okay, so it's over a mile from Harvey Towers, but it's an excuse for brown chap (small b) and I to have a gentle stroll when we want to post something.

Nice little jobby it is. Brick built, with a nice, red, metal front. A lovely George VI Rex inscription on the front. They say they empty it at 4.30pm each weekday and at 11.30am on Saturdays, but I never seem to be there to check.

I expect they'll take it away soon, as we only use it about once a fortnight and there's nobody else in the area who's likely to.

Most of our stuff goes by e-mail or internet banking nowadays.

Does brown hound like your postie?

I don't use a Post box. I have a silly little fear of them. I just give the postmistress in my village PO all my correspondence and Postie comes to pick it up from her.
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?