Another High Street Rebrand

Jacket

Noticed yesterday that Lilt is now "by Fanta". Feels like this is either a stepping stone to it becoming Fanta Pineapple & Grapefruit or one of those branding moves that'll be reversed in six months' time.

Pretty uninspiring design, and definitely doesn't scream "totally tropical" to me. The charm of the Fanta logo is lost too - the letters are the wrong shape for it to work, really, and it ends up looking pretty awkward. And mIxEd case is a real pet hate of mine.

(Dr Pepper is well overdue a rebrand, I'd say. That skewed, rotated wordmark screams '90s )
Pete

This appears to be a UK only thing... Irish Lilt is still Lilt as far as I can tell. Given that the UK, Ireland, and Gibraltar are basically the only places Lilt is sold you'd think it would apply everywhere.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
WillPS

Pete wrote: Mon 21 Mar, 2022 09.21 This appears to be a UK only thing... Irish Lilt is still Lilt as far as I can tell. Given that the UK, Ireland, and Gibraltar are basically the only places Lilt is sold you'd think it would apply everywhere.
Different bottler over there though... https://ie.coca-colahellenic.com/

They also fixed the god-awful Christmas campaign that replaced the trucks by using the soundtrack from the trucks advert.

Lilt was previously rebranded in the mid 00s (alongside the launch of the shortlived banana and peach flavour) but reverted back a few years later.

FWIW - Lilt is just a massively inferior version of Rio tropical.
Jacket

Well, the plot thickens! Looks like Ireland actually has the new logo, Fanta branding and the "pineapple and grapefruit" design from the mid-noughties version! I assume they must never have rebranded back from that design when the UK did, and this has been carried over rather than brought back. (Much prefer this green and yellow background to the blue of the UK version.)

https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/drin ... 1020413000
bilky asko

Isn't the different background colour because the one you're holding is the Zero version?
james2001

And going back to Hermes/Evri, my boyfriend's been annoyed that something he ordered hadn't turned up, he contacted the company who finally told him that it was and gave him a tracking number (they hadn't provided these details in their dispatch email!)... and it turned out it was delivered by Evri on Monday. Their tracking website says it was "delivered to an outbuilding", but the photo shows it clearly in his blue bin (since when was a bin an outbuilding?)... which he'd left out for collection and had been emptied before he even got home that day. I guess it's a step up from being left on the doorstep, but still total incompetence. Admittedly Zavvi weren't any better by not giving him the tracking information (and even in the email they sent him when he enquired where the package was, they only gave him the tracking number, not what courier they used, so he had to try the tracking number on different courier websites until he got a result- so Zavvi are clearly as incompetent as Evri are).

On a related note we had a parcel left on the doorstep again today... it was a suprise present from my sister, so we didn't know it was coming, so it's not like we were expecting anything or got a "delivered" email. We got a message from her wanting to know if a package had arrived... and there it was outside the front door. We would have been in the house when it arrived, but the courier clearly hadn't rung the doorbell, as we'd have got a notification on both Alexa and our phones, and if they knocked we didn't hear it, and we have no idea how long it had been out there before we found it- that it was left at some point between 2 and 8PM is all we know. So it's yet another case of "dump a parcel on the doorstep and bugger off".

I guess I could fill this thread with talk of Hermes/Evri incompetence, but probably should stop now- but that's two horror stories in just one day! The change of name clearly hasn't improved things.
TG

I only recently had my first ever Hermes delivery (pre rebrand) but was lucky. They sent me a tracking number and I downloaded their app. This allowed me to insert delivery instructions before they ever came - in my case, the app offered me the opportunity to upload a photo showing where they could leave any parcels. As a test, I uploaded a photo of my own computer screen with clear instructions how to get through the main block door, up to my flat, and a request to leave it at my door after that.

I was more surprised to find the delivery guy actually read this and did as I asked. Bloody miracle.
thegeek

our Evri guy leaves no doubt he's there - trouble is he doesn't get to our street until around 9pm. It's a bit alarming to have someone knocking so loudly that late.

I see the rebrand hasn't been a success everywhere...
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scot ... g-26536135
WillPS

Jacket wrote: Mon 21 Mar, 2022 23.47 Well, the plot thickens! Looks like Ireland actually has the new logo, Fanta branding and the "pineapple and grapefruit" design from the mid-noughties version! I assume they must never have rebranded back from that design when the UK did, and this has been carried over rather than brought back. (Much prefer this green and yellow background to the blue of the UK version.)

https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/drin ... 1020413000
How peculiar. They even kept the wavy text!

Interesting to see they still use those bottles - they were the standard sort used over here for Coke's non-Coke fizzy drinks until the early-00s.
james2001

Happened again with Hermes/Evri today, a package discovered outside the front door soaking wet from rain which had been there god knows how long. No attempt to ring the doorbell.

Could be easy to say just don't use them, but far too often you have no choice but to buy some things online these days, and you have no control over what courier service said website uses, or often even know which one they use until you get the dispatch notice. I imagine that's how the likes of Evri and Yodel stay in business, if people were actually able to choose whether to use them or not, I doubt many would (and they'd be forced to up their game so that people would use them). As it stands they can be shit because as it stands we get them whether we like it or not.
WillPS

Could you fuck this complaining about couriers being shit stuff off, or at least move it to another thread? It's a bit tedious.

I want more analysis of pop labels...