Another High Street Rebrand

JAS84

More likely that the new branding wasn't actually meant to be in store until after the Christmas packaging?
WillPS

JAS84 wrote: Sun 19 Dec, 2021 19.53 More likely that the new branding wasn't actually meant to be in store until after the Christmas packaging?
More likely than what?
Pete

WillPS wrote: Wed 22 Dec, 2021 13.06
JAS84 wrote: Sun 19 Dec, 2021 19.53 More likely that the new branding wasn't actually meant to be in store until after the Christmas packaging?
More likely than what?
Than it being intentional that it went new branding, old for xmas, then back to new
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Philip

Whataday wrote: Wed 01 Dec, 2021 22.27 Pringles have a new retro look:

Seemingly in America they had an odd transition period which used the new Pringles face man (or whatever he's called) with the old wordmark:

thegeek

Philip wrote: Fri 07 Jan, 2022 17.49
Seemingly in America they had an odd transition period which used the new Pringles face man (or whatever he's called) with the old wordmark:

Julius Pringle, or 'Mr P', according to Wikipedia.
WillPS

Pete wrote: Wed 22 Dec, 2021 18.03
WillPS wrote: Wed 22 Dec, 2021 13.06
More likely than what?
Than it being intentional that it went new branding, old for xmas, then back to new
So you think MTV intentionally did that with VH1? If not I don't see the difference.
scottishtv

Hermes is to rebrand as Evri

"It is a statement of intent of our commitment to leading the way in creating responsible delivery experiences for ‘Evri one’, ‘Evri where’."

More info (including a picture of a van).
james2001

But that probably still won't change their drivers lobbing packages over fences, leaving them outside the front door for people to steal or to be exposed to the elements when the person isn't in or the drivers just nicking them.
all new Phil

james2001 wrote: Fri 11 Mar, 2022 21.32 But that probably still won't change their drivers lobbing packages over fences, leaving them outside the front door for people to steal or to be exposed to the elements when the person isn't in or the drivers just nicking them.
I once had a delivery left by them in the recycling bin. On collection day.
Blewatter

scottishtv wrote: Fri 11 Mar, 2022 11.45 Hermes is to rebrand as Evri

"It is a statement of intent of our commitment to leading the way in creating responsible delivery experiences for ‘Evri one’, ‘Evri where’."

More info (including a picture of a van).
Ohhhh, we're not Hermes. Totally different company now. We're Evri ;)
james2001

And despite the new name I had a delivery from them today which involved the driver tapping lightly on the door (not even ringing the bell), so I wouldn't have even heard it if I was in a different room, and leaving the package outside the door and buggering off without even waiting to see if I collected it. New name, same shite.

I wish you could choose which company delivered your stuff, but far too often you don't have a choice... and when you see it's Yodel or Hermes (or Evri now, polishing a turd), your heart sinks.

On a related note, I was at my sister's over the weekend and we ordered a McDonalds from Uber Eats, and clearly their drivers are as incompetent as Yodel and Hermes. He kept phoning wanting to know where the house was, even though we'd given him the postcode, and looking at the tracker, he got close to the house, but then ended up going in the opposite direction and ended up in another village miles away. We're really not sure how he managed to do that- surely he must have had a satnav? In the end he stopped answering his phone when she tried to ring back and the food never showed up (and even if it had, it would have been stone cold by that point anyway).