Another High Street Rebrand

barcode

Pete wrote:
barcode wrote:In around a months time the Lloyds brand will disappear from Scotland, BUT could lloyds open up new branches in the coming years to grab new customers? or are there not allowed?
But their brand up north is BOS which is fitted out identically to Lloyds but in blue rather than green. Dunno if they'd bother opening branches of Lloyds.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-s ... s-23535375

The Halifax brand is set to return to Scotland's high streets after owner Lloyds Banking Group announced plans to open branches in three cities.

So its going to happen not with Lloyds name but the Halifax
wells

As mentioned, a few branches had adopted that font and look.
Critique

wells wrote:As mentioned, a few branches had adopted that font and look.
There's a branch near where I used to live that had the green surrounds to the posters in the window - the same branch also seems to have had it's signage changed to the temporary stuff, including the green board with the address of the branch on, but not the sign above the cashpoint or the car park sign.
madmusician

The main Ipswich branch is currently closed for a refurb, so it will be interesting to see if it has taken on that design when it reopens later this month.
Critique

madmusician wrote:The main Ipswich branch is currently closed for a refurb, so it will be interesting to see if it has taken on that design when it reopens later this month.
Is it Lloyds TSB which has two Ipswich branches opposite each other? I know there's a bank which takes up two buildings opposite in town centre (although one might be admin-ey stuff only possibly, as I never see people go in, although saying that it has cashpoints so maybe, being a Barclays customer, I just haven't noticed.

EDIT: I've just checked on Google Maps and Lloyds TSB do have the two branches opposite - one still has a sign saying 'Lloyds Bank' above the main door.

However, thinking about it, they're both quite old fashioned branches in design, so to have something modern would probably look quite out-of-place, so I would assume they'll go for something a bit more in-style with the building's design.

Also, how have they decided which branches will become TSB and which will stay as Lloyds? I notice a C&G and a Lloyds TSB are both becoming TSB, and it seems all C&G's are becoming TSB branches.
JAS84

Well it's not who owned them before the merger - the big Lloyds TSB on George Street, Hull seems to be staying a Lloyds but was originally a TSB.
madmusician

Critique wrote:
madmusician wrote:The main Ipswich branch is currently closed for a refurb, so it will be interesting to see if it has taken on that design when it reopens later this month.
Is it Lloyds TSB which has two Ipswich branches opposite each other? I know there's a bank which takes up two buildings opposite in town centre (although one might be admin-ey stuff only possibly, as I never see people go in, although saying that it has cashpoints so maybe, being a Barclays customer, I just haven't noticed.

EDIT: I've just checked on Google Maps and Lloyds TSB do have the two branches opposite - one still has a sign saying 'Lloyds Bank' above the main door.

However, thinking about it, they're both quite old fashioned branches in design, so to have something modern would probably look quite out-of-place, so I would assume they'll go for something a bit more in-style with the building's design.

Also, how have they decided which branches will become TSB and which will stay as Lloyds? I notice a C&G and a Lloyds TSB are both becoming TSB, and it seems all C&G's are becoming TSB branches.
Yep, I went into the Cornhill South branch for the first time ever yesterday, as it's the North branch that's closed for refurb. It was very small and couldn't handle all the queues of people who would normally have gone over the road! I think it's that branch that used to be the TSB, with the bigger branch originally being a Lloyds.
thegeek

Perhaps not the most sympathetic of sign swaps at a C&G branch in the City:

I think they probably need some Ronseal on that.
madmusician

Went in in the re-opened Ipswich Cornhill North branch of Lloyds TSB today, and it's in the same style as all (?) new style stores. It's certainly the same style as the Oxford branch that I frequent when I am at uni. All the glass gone, low desks, fewer cashier points and the queue in a different place, plus two instant deposit points set back in the wall, rather than the one that used to be freestanding.

Incidentally, am I right in thinking that the deposit system in Lloyds cashpoints has disappeared recently? You used to be able to ask for an envelope, put it into the ATM and key in how much (cash or cheques) you had deposited. But when I tried recently to do this there was no option for this - in new cashpoints in the centre of the town.
Critique

I did notice that Cornhill North appeared to be open as normal when I was in town on Wednesday - the temporary TSB sign they've got up reveals the old rotting wood beneath it, unfortunately! Cornhill South continues to be open, though, and I did spot someone going inside, so I'm still confused by it's purpose.
robschneider

thegeek wrote:Perhaps not the most sympathetic of sign swaps at a C&G branch in the City:

I think they probably need some Ronseal on that.
Eww... where is that?!