Another High Street Rebrand

james2001

Saw a Waitrose advert last night, also without the "and partners" bit. Clearly they've given up on it, not that it wasn't a stupid idea to begin with.
JetixFann450

Profile picture still contains the "& Partners" sub-text but everything else seems to just be "John Lewis"
Member of Pres Cafe who occasionally pops in and out.
thegeek

james2001 wrote: Mon 26 Sep, 2022 11.27 Saw a Waitrose advert last night, also without the "and partners" bit. Clearly they've given up on it, not that it wasn't a stupid idea to begin with.
I won't hear a word said against the John Lewis & Partners Foodhall from Waitrose & Partners.
Jonny

I wonder what percentage of the store estate has been converted to the 2018 look? Can't say I've noticed any examples in the north of England - presumably it's progressed better further south?

The Newcastle store has been considered for closure multiple times over the last few years (if rumours are to be believed), so perhaps no great desire to update signage. The Waitrose everyone seems to forget about in Eldon Sq bus station is closing soon, however.
Pete

Jonny wrote: Wed 28 Sep, 2022 08.04The Waitrose everyone seems to forget about in Eldon Sq bus station is closing soon, however.
wot now?

That's always busy when I've been there :/ Although part of the problem with it is it never had the full integration with the bus station that was M&S's masterstroke back in the 90s meaning everyone has to go through the food hall on their way home so might as well pick up some food while they're in there...
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Jacket

Jonny wrote: Wed 28 Sep, 2022 08.04 The Waitrose everyone seems to forget about in Eldon Sq bus station is closing soon, however.
Whuuuut? That's a shame, and weird - I've never been in there without there being an enormous queue. But maybe that's because there's lots of people buying a few items each, like I always am, and because people see the massive queues and decide not to bother, like I often do.
Zimba

Jonny wrote: Wed 28 Sep, 2022 08.04 I wonder what percentage of the store estate has been converted to the 2018 look? Can't say I've noticed any examples in the north of England - presumably it's progressed better further south?

The Newcastle store has been considered for closure multiple times over the last few years (if rumours are to be believed), so perhaps no great desire to update signage. The Waitrose everyone seems to forget about in Eldon Sq bus station is closing soon, however.
Hexham has and I believe Ponteland is in the process of getting a refurbishment now so I assume that'll be done soon aswell. It seems like it gets done after a refurb.

Mind Hexham was desperate to be done, you could've put the old Presto signs up and no-one would've been wiser since the place hadn't had much work on it since it opened in the Mid 80's.
Pete

Zimba wrote: Fri 30 Sep, 2022 07.50Mind Hexham was desperate to be done, you could've put the old Presto signs up and no-one would've been wiser since the place hadn't had much work on it since it opened in the Mid 80's.
Was Hexham a Safeway then? With the classic Presto deli tiles?
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Martin Phillp

HMV reopened in Bexleyheath today complete with the new branding.

TVF's London Lite.
Zimba

Pete wrote: Fri 30 Sep, 2022 10.39
Zimba wrote: Fri 30 Sep, 2022 07.50Mind Hexham was desperate to be done, you could've put the old Presto signs up and no-one would've been wiser since the place hadn't had much work on it since it opened in the Mid 80's.
Was Hexham a Safeway then? With the classic Presto deli tiles?
Yeah it was, bought it back in 2006 I believe but it never really had much spent on it. Ironically the one thing they did was the counters so they lost the Presto tiles.

You can get a general idea of it here - https://www.google.com/maps/place/Waitr ... M0VBReABAA

For an upmarket supermarket chain the store was very downmarket, just seemed to dodge refurbishments from Safeway, Morrison's and then Waitrose until recently where they gutted it.
thegeek

Royal Mail Group plc has changed its name to International Distributions Services plc, a name possibly worse than Consignia.

https://www.proactiveinvestors.co.uk/co ... 94411.html#