Another High Street Rebrand

Square Eyes

As high street / shop branding is a subject close to the heart of metropollers, I bring you the latest high street revamp for NEXT.

It's gone from uppercase "NEXT", to lower case "next". Feel free to critique, could this go against the grain and actually be an improvement upon the previous identity ?

Any other recent high street rebrands worthy of mention, put here.

PS. When did "House of Fraser" drop the individual store names, ie. Binns, Rackhams, David Evans etc. in favour of the generic "House of Fraser" brand ?
Nick Harvey
God

I've heard that fish shop in Tewkesbury High Street's planning a rebrand.
Square Eyes

Nick Harvey wrote:I've heard that fish shop in Tewkesbury High Street's planning a rebrand.
Does it include a water feature ?
nwtv2003

When they opened the new Next in Altrincham in the early Spring, the newly built store had the 'next...' logo on the signage, first time I've seen it anywhere, I guess it's just being phased in slowly.
steve
Finn

I do like the new font for Next, although I wonder if it may date quickly.

What about the rebranding of BHS back to British Home Stores on some homeware-only stores?

Image to Image to Image (only image I can find online!)
Gavin Scott
Admin

Neil Green wrote:I do like the new font for Next, although I wonder if it may date quickly.

I agree, isn't plain lowercase text a VERY old notion these days?
Finn

Gavin Scott wrote:
Neil Green wrote:I do like the new font for Next, although I wonder if it may date quickly.

I agree, isn't plain lowercase text a VERY old notion these days?
It's that, plus the fact that it looks like a specially created font. And few of them seem to have that timeless quality.

That said, the timeless old Next font does look a little old-fashioned compared to the new one.
Square Eyes

Isn't it time Boots (the chemist) had a rebrand. In my lifetime I can only ever remember this logo, has there been others ?

I know it's had a bit of bevelling added to it down the years, but fundamentally still the same.

Timeless or showing it's age ?
onetrickpony

The new next text makes it look slightly better. Is it still expensive in there, i bought a pair of black gloves once - £20!

As for Boots, i think thats an iconic logo.
ashley b

nwtv2003 wrote:When they opened the new Next in Altrincham in the early Spring, the newly built store had the 'next...' logo on the signage, first time I've seen it anywhere, I guess it's just being phased in slowly.
This is where I saw it first too, was quite surprised, makes you wonder how they're going to adapt the Manchester flagship store with the new logo, with the "NEXT" in boxes down the side and stuff.
Square Eyes wrote:PS. When did "House of Fraser" drop the individual store names, ie. Binns, Rackhams, David Evans etc. in favour of the generic "House of Fraser" brand ?
Think it's an ongoing thing, there are still a few stores left, Rackhams in Altrincham for example. Kendals in Manchester changed over last year I think?

Though the actual "House of Fraser" logo seem to have changed too, The London Victoria branch I noticed had the more sans serif font logo and no stag.
Square Eyes wrote:Isn't it time Boots (the chemist) had a rebrand. In my lifetime I can only ever remember this logo, has there been others ?

I know it's had a bit of bevelling added to it down the years, but fundamentally still the same.

Timeless or showing it's age ?
For some reason I never seem to see the Boots logo as a dated logo, but if I actually look properly you see it actually is and probably hasn't changed much for decades.
*whistle*
Lorns

Square Eyes wrote:As high street / shop branding is a subject close to the heart of metropollers, I bring you the latest high street revamp for NEXT.

It's gone from uppercase "NEXT", to lower case "next". Feel free to critique, could this go against the grain and actually be an improvement upon the previous identity ?

Any other recent high street rebrands worthy of mention, put here.

PS. When did "House of Fraser" drop the individual store names, ie. Binns, Rackhams, David Evans etc. in favour of the generic "House of Fraser" brand ?

Oh you saucy little tease you! Who cares about the rebrand. Time to shop... * wheres me plastic?
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?