Another High Street Rebrand

wells

I notice Poundland have opened their first few Irish stores under the Dealz brand. They've also opened one on the Isle of Man

www.dealz.ie

The branding appears to be exactly the same as Poundland apart from the name and they proudly claim to be 'part of the Poundland group'.

The fixed price point in Ireland is €1.49 and on the Isle of Man £1.20 they cite the shipping costs as being the reason they can't sell for a quid, although I suspect it's in line with the competition selling at a higher price.

If they couldn't maintain the £1 price point in the UK in the future this is a brand they could adopt in years to come.
WillPS

:O I hope nobody has told the "World Famous £1.20 Shop", of Tenby, Aberaeron and New Quay! Their shops seem to have a suspicious number of items I've seen at 99p Stores - leading me to think they've made a business out of a 21p margin.
wells

That post has led me to this interesting BBC News article http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16469761

Which also reveals that 99p stores have entered the Irish market also with it's 'Euro 50 Stores'.
http://euro50stores.com/
WillPS

Heh - so the situation where Poundland is a penny more over here is reversed in Ireland!
WillPS

No I don't like it.
Finn

WillPS wrote:Image

No I don't like it.
It feels very retro.
m-in-m

No I don't like it.
I have to go further. I don't just not like it. I actually hate it.

Sadly I completely understand why it is evolving this way.
Jake

It's interesting that the logo on the designer's site is different. Can't say I'm a huge fan of either, though I prefer this one, but I'm sure they'll grow on me when I see them in real life usage.

More info on the design here
lukey

Jake wrote:Image
It's interesting that the logo on the designer's site is different. Can't say I'm a huge fan of either, though I prefer this one, but I'm sure they'll grow on me when I see them in real life usage.

More info on the design here
A lot of the blurb seems to be saying "no you need to see it in motion, honest" but - meh. Do not like the dodgy perspective on the window, do not like the single colour, do not like the typography. Do not like.
bilky asko

I think versatility is the key with the logo. Because of the simplicity, it can be used in myriad different ways. Of course, if they just slap it on everything, it will be shite.

I think the logo would be better white-on-blue.
martindtanderson

The Logo's colours will take on the chosen colour in the OS - Similar to the accent colour on Windows Phone.

These are the colours we know about from the leaks so far of Windows 8.