Another High Street Rebrand

WillPS

JetixFann450 wrote: Wed 31 May, 2023 01.50
woah wrote: Tue 30 May, 2023 20.27 It looks like all EG petrol stations will be fully rebranded as Asda, not just the stores themselves.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65720635

That's surely going to mean a noticeable reduction in BP/Shell/Esso/Texaco's presence across the UK. Some of their petrol stations are pretty long in the tooth as well, so perhaps some investment in refurbishment/store expansions.
Going to be pretty ironic, a fairly recent EG Garage near me opened with a Spar, I presume that's going to inevitably be replaced by an ASDA on the Go.
Wouldn't be unique by any extent. Nor would it be ironic.
bilky asko

WillPS wrote: Wed 31 May, 2023 21.07
woah wrote: Tue 30 May, 2023 20.27 It looks like all EG petrol stations will be fully rebranded as Asda, not just the stores themselves.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65720635

That's surely going to mean a noticeable reduction in BP/Shell/Esso/Texaco's presence across the UK. Some of their petrol stations are pretty long in the tooth as well, so perhaps some investment in refurbishment/store expansions.
Going to be pretty ironic, a fairly recent EG Garage near me opened with a Spar, I presume that's going to inevitably be replaced by an ASDA on the Go.
Perhaps he meant ironic in the Alanis Morrisette sense of "unfortunate"
WillPS

bilky asko wrote: Wed 31 May, 2023 22.06
WillPS wrote: Wed 31 May, 2023 21.07

Perhaps he meant ironic in the Alanis Morrisette sense of "unfortunate"
I'm not sure it fits that definition either...
JAS84

We have a really weird Internet rebrand on our hands. Twitter is now called X!
thegeek

scottishtv

In former-nationalised-utilities and rugby news, "BT Murrayfield" stadium has become "Scottish Gas Murrayfield" stadium, following a change of sponsor.

They didn't do a great job converting the round BT logo to the Scottish/British Gas flame:

...and everyone will just call the place Murrayfield, as before.
thegeek

I see they're also now title sponsors of the Scottish Gas Scottish Cup.
Philip

thegeek wrote: Tue 25 Jul, 2023 20.43 I see they're also now title sponsors of the Scottish Gas Scottish Cup.
Looking forward to watching the Scottish Gas Scottish Cup Scottish Final Scottish Highlights.
thegeek

JAS84 wrote: Sat 06 Apr, 2019 20.26 Just saw a TV ad for Halifax bank, with what looked like an updated logo on it - it's no longer stripy and has a new font.
I normally log in to Bank of Scotland's online banking, but had cause to use the Halifax-skinned version of it today, and see that they're still using the old branding on there. I mean, it's only been four years. Why rush these things?
cwathen

thegeek wrote: Tue 08 Aug, 2023 13.58
JAS84 wrote: Sat 06 Apr, 2019 20.26 Just saw a TV ad for Halifax bank, with what looked like an updated logo on it - it's no longer stripy and has a new font.
I normally log in to Bank of Scotland's online banking, but had cause to use the Halifax-skinned version of it today, and see that they're still using the old branding on there. I mean, it's only been four years. Why rush these things?
Well GWR are now only a month away from their rebrand being 8 years old and still not finished.

I do wonder if it is partly planned (a bit like how years ago Comet held off for a very long time on updating the branding on the website such was the slowness of their rebrand of the store estate).

I have several accounts and credit cards with LBG. They were still renewing my cards with landscape embossed versions (and for Halifax accounts with the old logo on) as recently as last year. In fact the only new design card I hold is my Halifax current account debit card issued this year. I guess this was to use up all the old stock that had already been paid for, but if they knew they were issuing cards with old branding which might be valid for 5 years, a decision may have been made that it would be better for some vestiges of the old brand to hang around?
WillPS

cwathen wrote: Tue 08 Aug, 2023 21.33
thegeek wrote: Tue 08 Aug, 2023 13.58
Well GWR are now only a month away from their rebrand being 8 years old and still not finished.

I do wonder if it is partly planned (a bit like how years ago Comet held off for a very long time on updating the branding on the website such was the slowness of their rebrand of the store estate).

I have several accounts and credit cards with LBG. They were still renewing my cards with landscape embossed versions (and for Halifax accounts with the old logo on) as recently as last year. In fact the only new design card I hold is my Halifax current account debit card issued this year. I guess this was to use up all the old stock that had already been paid for, but if they knew they were issuing cards with old branding which might be valid for 5 years, a decision may have been made that it would be better for some vestiges of the old brand to hang around?
The previous Lloyds landscape cards had the correct post-TSB-demerger branding.

I doubt there was any rationale to it other than not getting around to it yet. I have no idea how much card stock they hold but I doubt very much that it's years worth.

Sainsburys own brand stuff with their pre-1999 logo was still about well in to the 2010s - the last examples of it were finally dropped when they rolled out the 'by Sainsburys' brand. Just a question of priorities.