Whats your spread?

Lorns

I tend to have 3 types of butter or Marg in my fridge.

Lurpak- for mash potato and mashed swede and carrot Whatever happened to Douglas? I loved those ads

Anchor spreadable- for my morning toast with marmite

Flora- For my sarnies..

So what do spread your bread with? Are you health concious or are you a sinner and love real butter?
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
Nate J

Flora and Lurpak. :D
Square Eyes

Dear me, we're plumbing new depths of banality with this one aren't we ?

Whilst I'm here, Asda own brand sunflower spread.
Lorns

Square Eyes wrote:Dear me, we're plumbing new depths of banality with this one aren't we ?

Whilst I'm here, Asda own brand sunflower spread.
Yup! I'm bored.

Talking of Asda. They make the best bread ever for a supermarket chain. I love their freshbaked and still warm Baguettes.
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
Pete

Lurpak Lighter Spreadable.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Jake

Country Life Spreadable
Gavin Scott
Admin

I could never bear the name "churn" in spread. I see what they were getting at, but "churn" makes me think of sick.

I keep Anchor butter for cooking, lurpack spreadable for toast, and St Ivel Gold for sandwiches.

I was thinking about moving on to a cholestorol reducing one, as I'm a point or two above what I should be. However my Doctor advised that the active ingredient is at minimal levels in spread, so I'd have to be using a lot to get the benefit. I'll stick with the little drinks, if I ever remember to buy them.
cdd

Oh God, I can't stand this horrid Fake Butter stuff. What is the country's obsession with it? - everywhere you go you find bloody Flora and it makes you want to heave. If you don't understand what I'm saying you never will, but there's something about butter that is totally wrongly mimicked in the imitation spreads that are supposed to be better for you (it tastes oily/watery and unreal) and on bread it's just disgusting. For me this fake butter spread comes under the category of people who use aspertame in their drinks rather than sugar or eat some salad leaves instead of a nice cooked dinner - it feels like a forced attempt to be health conscious and makes the eating expeirence far less pleasant. I say, what's the point of living if you can't enjoy what you eat!?
James H

Health conscious and aspartame don't go together in the same paragraph, Chris!
Square Eyes

miss hellfire wrote:I tend to have 3 types of butter or Marg in my fridge.

Lurpak- for mash potato and mashed swede and carrot Whatever happened to Douglas? I loved those ads

Anchor spreadable- for my morning toast with marmite

Flora- For my sarnies..

So what do spread your bread with? Are you health concious or are you a sinner and love real butter?
How absurd, 3 different types of margarine for different foods ?

I look forward to your next topic, Lard : Where do you stand ?
Gavin Scott
Admin

Lard is great for crispy bacon and roast potatos.

Its not really absurd to use different products. I use butter where I want its unique flavour, and spread when I won't know the difference.

It is perhaps absurd to have a dialogue about it, but that's numberwang.

I mean, that's metropol.