TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

rob

Tumble Tower wrote: In case you're mystified by the slogan, here's an explanation. 40 (forty) is a two-digit number
No shit sherlock.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
Nick Harvey
God

Alexia wrote:I do actually like the Wetherspoons large mixed grill too.....
But, be fair, it's not nearly as much fun if you haven't put all your birthday cards (which you've been carrying around all day) out on the table.
wells

I'm surprised he needed to look at the menu for Whetherspons considering most places have atleast two.
rob

Nick Harvey wrote:
Alexia wrote:I do actually like the Wetherspoons large mixed grill too.....
But, be fair, it's not nearly as much fun if you haven't put all your birthday cards (which you've been carrying around all day) out on the table.
If someone could remind me to do that in a fortnight, that would be great. Cheers.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
Gavin Scott
Admin

I gave up on the TV Forum thread once Tumble got into full swing.

Taken at face value, he seems to be just a plain old mong - wired without the ability to understand the subtlety and nuance of TVF's sarcasm crew. That is moderately amusing for a short time.

But after the tenth or fifteenth post, when he strays into the absolute absurd, it becomes apparent that he has no logical consistency in his style. He is 40, after all, and his memory on most events seems to be almost encyclopaedic - yet he would have us believe that he hasn't heard of someone swimming for charity, and claims to be troubled about whether the contents of a bath of baked beans are consumed after the fund-raiser gets out of them.

It can't have been just me who cottoned on to the fact that he was yanking our chains, can it; so the question is, why was (and is) he allowed to continue on the board? It was clear that he was grating on the nerves of members - and worse, some of the sarcastic replies to his nonsense was confusing to the newer contributors, who haven't had to tolerate the ruination of threads for large and special events in the past.

I would sincerely and respectfully ask the team at TVF towers to have a think about TT's continued presence there - and let me say that I am aware that it is often easy to ignore irritants on forums; but if you look at the prolific nature of his contributions during events like CIN (and others), this becomes nigh on impossible to do.

I don't think banning him would be hurting anyone's feelings, as I no longer believe he's anything other than a spoof character, there for his own amusement.
wells

There is too much evidence to suggest he's the real deal, I don't think he'd go to the effort he does to get such a small audience, if he was a wind up merchant he'd have thousands of subscribers on YouTube and the like.

Autism and Aspergers is a weird beast, but I've known a few and I can just tell that he's genuine.
Pete

Thing is though. We have had plenty of aspies sufferers on the board over the past decade. I cpuld name a great number of past and present members. The topic of tvf concentrating on the mundane and repetitive nature of tvf lends itself to those with the condition.

Tt is completely different and it is the number of convenient blind spots that get me. Just because hes in it for thelong haul doesn't mean he is genuine. Never heard of Jaron Brass ?

Poorly typed on my HTC
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Bail

I don't think it's and act at all. I think it's just how he is. Look on his YouTube channel, there's a video at roller coaster meeting of some sort where he's quite the same in real life, much to the dismay of the audience and its host...
Critique

Whilst I wouldn't say Tumble Wumble is an act, there are a few videos on his channel which give the opposite impression, to me, at least.

The Eurovision nonsense he posts all suggest he isn't an act, but then one at his Gong show, or whatever, when the presenter pokes fun at Tumble, and his post lengths...
Philip

I have to say I don't think it's an act either. There's a video from Christmas 2000 where he recites the winners of Eurovision over the years. That was less than a year before TV Forum opened, and 7 years before he joined.
wells

As someone on the spectrum and having been on various courses with lots of diffrent ones I know the Tumble Tower's out there often with those inconsistencies. The fact he's uploaded a video of him about 20 years younger being overwhelmingly obsessive about Eurovision to the point of getting his aunt and uncle to quiz him proves it's no act unless he had amazing foresight to know it would be used one day to wind up 20 people on an internet forum.