TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

cityprod

The insufferable idiots are the ones on here complaining about other people's attitudes. If you can't take a little challenge to your pre-conceived notions, then in my view, you aren't worth my time.
Nick Harvey
God

cityprod wrote:The insufferable idiots are the ones on here complaining about other people's attitudes. If you can't take a little challenge to your pre-conceived notions, then in my view, you aren't worth my time.
In which case, the second word is "off".
cityprod

Oh you'd love that. A safe space for all your special snowflakes to whine and complain about things they don't like.

Try getting along with people you don't see eye to eye with. It's called life. Live it.
Jonny

cityprod wrote:Oh you'd love that. A safe space for all your special snowflakes to whine and complain about things they don't like.

Try getting along with people you don't see eye to eye with. It's called life. Live it.
You have just labelled people who hold an opinion (and/or fact based on industry experience) different to that of your own as "insufferable idiots" who "aren't worth my time". Isn't that the very definition of living in a safe space echo chamber?
cityprod

Jonny wrote:
cityprod wrote:Oh you'd love that. A safe space for all your special snowflakes to whine and complain about things they don't like.

You have just labelled people who hold an opinion (and/or fact based on industry experience) different to that of your own as "insufferable idiots" who "aren't worth my time". Isn't that the very definition of living in a safe space echo chamber?
That's not what I said. Did you actually read what I said or just skimmed over it?

Ahem...
cityprod wrote:The insufferable idiots are the ones on here complaining about other people's attitudes. If you can't take a little challenge to your pre-conceived notions, then in my view, you aren't worth my time.
Record now straightened.
bilky asko

Challenge to pre-conceived notions ≠ completely unsubstantiated bullshit. The latter is what you posted in that thread.
Jonny

cityprod wrote:That's not what I said. Did you actually read what I said or just skimmed over it?

Ahem...
Record now straightened.
I did, but thank you for highlighting your obvious implications again. My conclusions have been drawn.
cityprod

bilky asko wrote:
Challenge to pre-conceived notions ≠ completely unsubstantiated bullshit. The latter is what you posted in that thread.
In your view. To me, the wild unsubstantiated bullshit was the idea that frame rates above 120 fps would make TV pictures better quality, but I guess when people start acting insulted that somebody could actually have an opinion that's different from their own, that kinda shows they aren't really debating their position, they're trying to "sell" people on it.
cityprod

Jonny wrote:
cityprod wrote:That's not what I said. Did you actually read what I said or just skimmed over it?

Ahem...
Record now straightened.
I did, but thank you for highlighting your obvious implications again. My conclusions have been drawn.
Obvious implications. Translation: Spin I'm going to put on somebody else's words, because it doesn't fit my pre-judged opinions.

If you can't accept that the people I criticised were on this thread and not the TV Forum one, then you've just spun out.
dosxuk

But you didn't talk about 120fps not making better television. You said nobody could see anything faster than 24fps, and then waffled on about Mythbusters.

The quality of an image is subjective - you're more than welcome to state your opinion on that. Saying that people are lying when they say they can see the difference between 24fps and 50fps either means you don't know what you're talking about, or you're trolling. You're the one with the preconceptions, and you're the one unwilling to have them challenged, not the ones who spend all day looking at this stuff, and who know what they're talking about.
cityprod

Gee, thanks for exposing yourself as another skimmer, dosxuk. My first post in the thread wasn't even that long.

Ahem...
I'd suggest that once you're above about 120 fps, the extra frames add little to actual speed footage, but for slow motion footage, recorded at say 480 fps and slowed down to 30 fps, you'd see things that you would never see full speed.
The reference to Mythbusters was simply backing up the idea that higher frame rates had been used for slow motion footage.

But, thanks for not paying attention once again.

You guys wonder where the attitude comes from. I will tell you. It comes from you. It comes from what you do. The more you spin, the more you misrepresent my words, the more attitude, the more anger, the more vitriol you are going to get.

Do yourselves a favour. Actually read what is written, instead of skimming it, and adding your own spin.