TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

Billy

I've simplified it to make it easier to read and understand.
Hi Ronnie, here's a general update on life.

Urbi Et Orbi Gowng gowng geeng-er horng ut a norng

Lin-ga lon-ga lin-ga lon-ga dadada-daa dum dadadada dum dum

Da da da da-da dada dada daaa
Pee wah wah bong-bong-bung tong ting tung sha-she-ahh
Goi woi lon-ga la ting ting
Wall-all-all newl-all-all wah wea-wah

Must go now. Happy Easter.

Tumble Tower
I love the Thames one the best, it's like something an alien from Doctor Who would say.
Lorns

Ronnie Rowlands wrote:Ok, what's your address?

I jest, sir.
Hi Ronnie, here's a general update on life.

Da da da da-da dada dada daaa Pee wah wah bong-bong-bung tong ting tung sha-she-ahh Goi woi lon-ga la ting ting

Tumble Tower
Tschh!! You'll talk to anyone.
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
Ronnie Rowlands

Nini wrote:Well, I'm not certain if he's taking the piss or not but reckon he's probably not, poor sod. Anyway, what did you do to him to get that god-awful list of nothing?

Either he hates you and you probably should be wary or he really likes you and should be very afraid.
I was one of the first to make fun of him when he joined, I once recorded myself attempting to read one of his written jingles, which means I am a fan of them and subscribe to the weekly phonetic jingle newsletter. I also live in the town he mentioned visiting and this means I am interested in every tourist who comes along.

Actually I don't know why he singles me out, he has PMed me a few times before. He also slipped in a couple of subliminal channel codes, cheeky sod.
Tschh!! You'll talk to anyone.
That is why you are graced with my MSN presence so often ;)
Ronnie is victorious, vivacious in victory like a venomous dog. Vile Republicans cease living while the religious retort with rueful rhetoric. These rank thugs resort to violence and swear revenge.

But Ronnie can punch through steel so they lose anyway.
Pete

I like noggin. I find his technical posts such as the one regarding microphones and autocues quite interesting.

however when prats such as matthew-hmm reply with "I agree" implying they know things when they clearly do not I have to tsk.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Lorns

Hymagumba wrote: however when prats such as matthew-hmm reply with "I agree"
That would be Mathoooooo on here.
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
Pete

Lorns wrote:
Hymagumba wrote: however when prats such as matthew-hmm reply with "I agree"
That would be Mathoooooo on here.
i'm well aware of that, hence me insulting him. i want him to read it and then go away and think about what he's done. the arse.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Lorns

Well that was a treble whoosh for me then. I'm not used to you being subtle!
Stuart*
Banned

Hymagumba wrote:I like noggin. I find his technical posts such as the one regarding microphones and autocues quite interesting.
I also admire noggin's knowledge, and his commitment too in not compromising his position. He'll tell us all we want to know after the relaunch, I'm sure. It's quite cruel of some people to keep asking him to reveal things that would breach his contract.

I have to say, some of his more technical posts tend to pass me by as incomprehensible, but the terms he uses are often mentioned again and I don't feel quite so daft when I can recongnise those in context days or weeks later.
User removed
Gavin Scott
Admin

Has anyone else noticed that Tumble Tower seems to be back from a spell away and is littering the forum with his nonsense?
Tumble Tower wrote:Flashback: Wednesday 20 February, 10:45pm

At the start of the National Lottery draw show, BBC One showed the Penguins ident, i.e. what was supposed to be the BBC One Christmas 2007 ident. At the time I noticed this version had different music to Christmas 2007. That’s the first time I’ve ever known BBC One use one of their Christmas idents in the year.

Now some comments were posted about it at the time, but it's now over a month since then. I've not seen that modified Penguins ident on BBC One since 10:45pm on Wednesday 20 February 2008. Was that brought back for one night only, or has it been aired since?
Charlie Wells

As I'm sure someone else will spot and mention it...
http://www.tvforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27585
"If ass holes could fly then this place would be an airport."
itsrobert

Charlie Wells wrote:As I'm sure someone else will spot and mention it...
http://www.tvforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27585
I've got to say that I think that's quite a bizarre idea. I moderated TV Forum through very stormy times (i.e. through the TVF/Metropol split, Jarongate, Mod election, etc.) but never felt the need to resort to such tactics. When James Ison did his 'zero tolerance' thing several years ago, I didn't support it then and I still don't think it's a good idea. The current climate at TVF is probably the best it has been for a while - it has certainly been a LOT worse over the years. To be honest, I think it's a bit heavy-handed given there's no real need for it right now.