TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

baa

So we're to assume our good friend and AD enthusiast David's whole thing is not a joke and indeed this is all very serius biznus for him, right? Well, at least he has a sense of humour, I'll give him that.
Alexia

baa wrote:So we're to assume our good friend and AD enthusiast David's whole thing is not a joke and indeed this is all very serius biznus for him, right? Well, at least he has a sense of humour, I'll give him that.
No, it's not a joke, nor is it serious. It's a whole lot more subtle than that. And it's seemingly lost on you, Phil and others, so try not to make sense of it, lest your head explode.
Philip

Well if that's the case he may as well stop doing it, otherwise people like you are going to go around saying we're the idiots for not understanding this supposedly "really subtle" joke.
baa

Or maybe I should be much smarter so such subtlety doesn't pass me by again.

By saying that though I feel I might have confirmed that I am indeed unable to perform the noble art of reading subtlety from plain text in which case I will flagellate myself for three hours.
Alexia

Philip wrote:Well if that's the case he may as well stop doing it, otherwise people like you are going to go around saying we're the idiots for not understanding this supposedly "really subtle" joke.
Who said idiot?

If you think I called you an idiot, then you must be reading between the lines, which means you appreciate inference and can spot implicit meaning, which therefore excludes you, so you have nothing to worry about. However, if you are worried about it, it means you must be included in the people you believe I called "idiots", so you can't have spotted any implicit meaning in my posts or read between the lines, so I must have called you an idiot explicitly. Which I didn't.

That's a paradox even Star Trek Voyager would be proud of.
WillPS

I'm sure somebody else will have picked up on this before me, but I've just noticed...
B1 = BBC One B2 = BBC Two B3 = BBC Three B4 = BBC Four B5 = CBBC Channel B6 = CBeebies B7 = BBC News 24 B8 = BBC Parliament B1# = BBC One HD B# = BBC HD
How much time is tumbley going to save with this?
wells

The channel codes are what started the whole Tumble Tower speculation and annoyence.
baa

Alexia wrote:
Philip wrote:Well if that's the case he may as well stop doing it, otherwise people like you are going to go around saying we're the idiots for not understanding this supposedly "really subtle" joke.
Who said idiot?

If you think I called you an idiot, then you must be reading between the lines, which means you appreciate inference and can spot implicit meaning, which therefore excludes you, so you have nothing to worry about. However, if you are worried about it, it means you must be included in the people you believe I called "idiots", so you can't have spotted any implicit meaning in my posts or read between the lines, so I must have called you an idiot explicitly. Which I didn't.

That's a paradox even Star Trek Voyager would be proud of.
... You're right, now I think I was better off figuring out if David is telling porkies or not.
dosxuk

Is Live@5's comments in the Sky News thread reminding anyone else of the magnificent konnie huq palavour?
Critique

Can someone please hurry along and rid us of Raheem27? He's incredibly irritating, acting a student who needed help with some godawful project in Requests, before turning into an 'ickle-wickle' child in the X Factor thread.

The number of times the 'XD' face was used peeved me, and also his 'LITTLE MIX WOOOOOOO' reaction. Digital Spy is there for a reason.
baa

That "project" of his has been ongoing for a while, apparently "for work" if you'd believe. Yes, he's an irritant of the worst sort but if you have to put up with the weird things others come up with, you'll also have to deal with him.

At least he's not mocking.