TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

scottishtv

🎵 We're toxic, you're slippin' under
Pete

ohno544 wrote: Thu 04 Mar, 2021 13.49I am not going to argue with people, I have given my opinion.
You've posted 9 times on this message board, every single one of them has been deeply negative, and yet you blame everyone else for toxicity. No. Please stop posting for the time being. Thank you.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
JetixFann450

Dunno why, but I feel like sub-forums like The Newsroom were basically anchoring the trust of TV Forum almost down to 0. When the GB News thread was opened, it seemed like an all-out war against political opinions, when that was not what the forum was for. Not to mention that TV Forum was basically more used for presenter rota gossip which feels more in line with Digital Spy than it did TVF. Personally, I don't think the forum should be closed but more so moderated heavily to sway these opinions elsewhere.

But I can't convince the webmaster anyway, 20 years is still a decent run for a TV pres forum but it's unfortunate it had to end this way. Even the posts above this one just proves how toxic the whole forum got. And a lot of people are saying that TV presentation, whether new or old are basically becoming a lot less of a care now. The pandemic is basically choking BBC's branding department so any logic reasoning for Oneness to get the boot is null and void since it costs more to record or animate something new and streaming services don't even need branding on the verges of TV now.

Depressing, even when BBC Three is announced to return to TV and international TV have been rebranding their channels.
Member of Pres Cafe who occasionally pops in and out.
tightrope78

The hypocrisy of the latest post from Brekkie saying it’s the right time to close TVF is a bit hard to stomach.

I can’t help but point the finger of blame for much of the site’s current woes firmly at him.
Jonwo

tightrope78 wrote: Thu 04 Mar, 2021 17.39 The hypocrisy of the latest post from Brekkie saying it’s the right time to close TVF is a bit hard to stomach.

I can’t help but point the finger of blame for much of the site’s current woes firmly at him.
Here's hoping that his invitation to the new forum is lost in the post.....
Whataday

Imagine it's all an elaborate April Fool.
Philip

Whataday wrote: Thu 04 Mar, 2021 18.54 Imagine it's all an elaborate April Fool.
It would be the meanest April Fool ever.
JetixFann450

Whataday wrote: Thu 04 Mar, 2021 18.54 Imagine it's all an elaborate April Fool.
Would be too real to be an April Fool.
Member of Pres Cafe who occasionally pops in and out.
rob

Jonwo wrote: Thu 04 Mar, 2021 18.29Here's hoping that his invitation to the new forum is lost in the post.....
All are welcome (within reason), if they follow the rules.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
onetrickpony

The new forum could have an Ofcom type system for those who break the rules. Complaint Upheld / Apology / Licence Revoked
rob

onetrickpony wrote: Fri 05 Mar, 2021 09.53 The new forum could have an Ofcom type system for those who break the rules. Complaint Upheld / Apology / Licence Revoked
Now that's quite clever! Might pinch that. :)
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am