TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

AgainWTheNorth

Well, Callum Precious has invaded Metropol.

Good luck. You'll need it.
Then again, I'm an American - what do I know?
robschneider

Alexia wrote:
gottago wrote:Wow. The Saturday Night Takeaway thread has quite suddenly become a shitshow of some of TV Forum's lowest quality members ever.
And between DalekBChannel523 and Rob "InterCityFirm" Schneider, the Top Gear thread has been ruined. As I say, TVF has jumped the shark.
How have I ruined it just by saying that it's probably going to be a massive flop? I've been through this. Evans ego will get the better of him again. His history is littered with bullying of colleagues, particularly at Radio 1 and Virgin. We've already heard rumours of falling outs.

It could open up a very interesting debate. Clarkson chins a producer. Evans verbally abuses people to the point of tears. Neither of them are better than the other IMO but of course I'll be in the minority again.
madmusician

robschneider wrote:
Alexia wrote:
gottago wrote:Wow. The Saturday Night Takeaway thread has quite suddenly become a shitshow of some of TV Forum's lowest quality members ever.
And between DalekBChannel523 and Rob "InterCityFirm" Schneider, the Top Gear thread has been ruined. As I say, TVF has jumped the shark.
How have I ruined it just by saying that it's probably going to be a massive flop? I've been through this. Evans ego will get the better of him again. His history is littered with bullying of colleagues, particularly at Radio 1 and Virgin. We've already heard rumours of falling outs.

It could open up a very interesting debate. Clarkson chins a producer. Evans verbally abuses people to the point of tears. Neither of them are better than the other IMO but of course I'll be in the minority again.
When did Evans last get accused of bullying a colleague? Has he done so in the last 10 years since he re-invented his career and began again at Radio 2? I agree that he was widely reported as being unpleasant to people at Radio 1, and he allowed his 'perfectionist' personality to become very toxic. But I would be hugely surprised if it happened again - I think he has learned his lessons. Him looking a bit miserable in an airport (the most recent report) isn't the same as him verbally abusing a colleague, is it?
Whataday

robschneider wrote:It could open up a very interesting debate. Clarkson chins a producer. Evans verbally abuses people to the point of tears. Neither of them are better than the other IMO but of course I'll be in the minority again.
Chris Evans has admitted, quite comprehensively that he was a nightmare to work with in the 90s. And he may not have been sacked for the first time he shouted at someone, but the accumulative build up meant he was effectively exiled from television for some time (not forgetting the two occasions he was sacked from radio for behaving like a spoilt child). He returned to broadcasting with a considerable degree of humiliation which he often shows to this day. The most recent I've seen was in tribute to Terry Wogan, who showed him support "at a time when he probably didn't deserve it".

On the contrary, Clarkson has been celebrated as some sort of messiah even after punching a producer despite receiving several reprimands previously. Far from being exiled he has received a bumper pay rise and will no doubt, very soon be on every billboard in the country.

Evans has shown no signs of ego this time around despite having the biggest breakfast show in the country. I fail to see how Top Gear will do anything to change this. Some of us act like fools when we're younger. Some of us learn from our mistakes, some of us don't. I believe Evans has. Time will tell to see if the same can be said of Clarkson.
robschneider

Charlie Wells has censored the Top Gear thread.
james2001

When the two main contributors to the Top Gear discussion are an annoying kid and a rabid right-winger, I think it's fair to ignore most of it. Though that is basically Clarkson's core fanbase.
PresIdents

They appear to be fellating each other at the moment.
robschneider

Ah, the classic "He's a right-winger so he's automatically a twat" argument. Mature.
PresIdents

robschneider wrote:Ah, the classic "He's a right-winger so he's automatically a twat" argument. Mature.
No, you're a right-winger who happens to be a twat.
robschneider

I got warned for calling Mr Bond a twat. Careful. :lol:
james2001

PresIdents wrote:They appear to be fellating each other at the moment.
It's "policial correctness gone mad" love in. As if there ever was a time when Clarkson's actions were "politically correct"...

I wonder if Dalek and Rob will ever take such an attitude if they get punched in the face at work. After all, it's only some workplace banter.

It's not as if he's done badly, he's gone to an even higher payed job at Amazon. If only other people were "rewarded" in such a way for physical assault, damn PC GAWN MAD!!!!!!