Shoppingtelly.com/Quiztelly.com

Snu

I thought since this hasn't been raised in a little while, I would draw attention to the prick......ly issue of the aforementioned websites. I just find it personally incredible that someone can be soooo negative for one thing, and for that negativity to be expressed to something as benign as shopping and quiz telly. If you view the latest rant on quiz telly.com, you'll know exactly what I mean. I can't help but feel someone somewhere is having sleepless nights over the placement of quizmania in the schedules. Quite funny I feel...
I say it only because I'm good looking...
Adders

Although this post could be classed as just being a plug for my site (GamingTelly.co.uk), I do have to agree with you when it comes to the rants that happen on those particular sites. If you remember back in the summer the owner of the sites had a fall out with Lee Baldry and still to this day holds a grudge against him. I personally couldn't care less about what's shown after 12 midnight on ITV1, five or any other channel for that matter - that time is for sleep. As much as I love the Quiz Shows, I feel the market is becoming oversautared and its success will soon lead to its demise. Quiz TV has bitten the dust, and it's now a short wait to find the next loser. My bets are on Quiz Call.
DAS

When I worked for a call centre a while back we were subjected to nightly abuse from shoppingtelly.com forum members. They really are that fierce in real life it would seem.
Snu

Ads wrote:Although this post could be classed as just being a plug for my site (GamingTelly.co.uk), I do have to agree with you when it comes to the rants that happen on those particular sites. If you remember back in the summer the owner of the sites had a fall out with Lee Baldry and still to this day holds a grudge against him. I personally couldn't care less about what's shown after 12 midnight on ITV1, five or any other channel for that matter - that time is for sleep. As much as I love the Quiz Shows, I feel the market is becoming oversautared and its success will soon lead to its demise. Quiz TV has bitten the dust, and it's now a short wait to find the next loser. My bets are on Quiz Call.
Well who can honestly hold a grudge against Lee Baldry? I'd happily hold something else against him...
I say it only because I'm good looking...
Pete

DAS wrote:When I worked for a call centre a while back we were subjected to nightly abuse from shoppingtelly.com forum members. They really are that fierce in real life it would seem.
details please
"He has to be larger than bacon"
DAS

A long story, but there was a dodgy shopping channel who essentially took people's money and ran off and, unfortunately, the company I worked for decided to use their custom and operate the order line on their behalf. Understandably, customers got annoyed and took it out on the call people. That much I can understand. However, our company got fed up with it and every call began to start with a recorded message saying that we have nothing to do with the company and only take details to pass on to them. And yet, shoppingtelly.com forum members decided to lead some sort of revolt, encouraging people to call more and more, resulting in personal abuse, threats and the like from people who actually mentioned their usernames during calls. There's a lot more to it than that, and don't get me wrong, I sympathise with the people who got ripped off, but there was a minority of simple idiots who, I would suggest, thought shoppingtelly.com's organised response gave them a purpose in life.
marksi

I seem to remember the very same "Shoppingtelly" website was for some time "sponsored" by Auctionworld and therefore discussion which was derogatory towards that company was not allowed.

Bit like Republicans and Faux News, though on a rather less global scale.