Snows coming!!

rts

all new Phil

Yay! That means even less motivation for me to get out of bed in the morning and go into uni.
Boughton

Oh great! That's just wonderful for those of us in gainful employment who have to get to work through the chaos the bloody stuff will inevitably bring upon this country.
cdd

Boughton wrote:Oh great! That's just wonderful for those of us in gainful employment who have to get to work through the chaos the bloody stuff will inevitably bring upon this country.
I have to say, Boughton, you have a remarkably pompous and nihilistic view of the world.

It says a lot about someone character if such a beautiful thing as waking up to a snow-covered world (something that is getting increasingly rare in this country) solely provokes irritation that your mundane travel to work will be affected.

Could I ask, how old are you? Your grumpy and crotchety persona seems to represent someone experiencing a midlife crisis. Why not enjoy the world!
Nick Harvey
God

cdd wrote:Why not enjoy the world!
Because getting to work is the only way of getting paid for most people in this world, young'un!

We can't all get Mummy to ring teacher and say that little Chris is poorly and trudging through the snow would make him worse, so he's not coming in today.

Enjoying the world is something reserved for holidays and days off for the majority of people, I'm afraid.

You'll find that out for yourself when you grow up a bit, beleive me.
Jamez
Banned

Nick Harvey wrote:
Because getting to work is the only way of getting paid for most people in this world, young'un!

We can't all get Mummy to ring teacher and say that little Chris is poorly and trudging through the snow would make him worse, so he's not coming in today.

Enjoying the world is something reserved for holidays and days off for the majority of people, I'm afraid.

You'll find that out for yourself when you grow up a bit, beleive me.
Or...work from home as I intend to be doing fully once I've sorted out a mountain of red-tape, arsey banks and people who say "I'll get back to you on Friday", and never do.

Working 9-5 is such a bore, when with a bit of innovation, vision and detirmination, all kinds of things can happen! :)
all new Phil

I wish I was you.
Nick Harvey
God

Jamez wrote:work from home as I intend to be doing
Most definitely.

I intend to do my one till five gig from home if the snow gets too bad.
cdd

Nick Harvey wrote:
Here's a bright idea then -- if it's so unbelivably snowy that a car journey to work will be affected, why not leave home earlier!
Gavin Scott
Admin

cdd wrote:
Nick Harvey wrote:
Here's a bright idea then -- if it's so unbelivably snowy that a car journey to work will be affected, why not leave home earlier!
I would have called that "stating the bleeding obvious".

*Having* to get up and leave for work earlier is simply one of the annoyances of inclement weather.

I can't face nasty slushy wet cold dark mornings all winter. Maybe I should go to Florida.
Nick Harvey
God

Gavin Scott wrote:I would have called that "stating the bleeding obvious".
I nearly reacted as well, Gavin, but just for once in November, I'm having my "be nice" evening.

Enjoy it while it lasts, folks!