Yet another Morrisons thread

simonipswich1

all new Phil wrote: Fri 10 Apr, 2020 15.14 Agreed that Morrisons have done a great job with this - just a shame that any social media post they do about it is followed by hundreds of responses from people whinging that they don’t meet their individual exact needs.
Had two of those boxes and been very pleased with it. Going to get the new Meat box next week, which is just meat, £45.

Everything that's been in the boxes are being used except for the cucumber which the neighbour down the road has as I am having to do her shopping for her as she's 85!
bilky asko

The latest Morrisons visit I had was the closest to normal, in terms of stock levels, yet.

It was funny to see someone collecting their trolley to join the queue, with disposable gloves on, merrily vaping away. Thankfully, they seem to have got a decent cleaning regime in place, having separate areas for clean and used trollies.
bilky asko

I noticed on my trip to Morrisons today that there's now a QR code for "mobile shopping". I've not spotted this in previous weeks - is this something they're trialling / about to trial?
GMc

bilky asko wrote: Sat 07 Nov, 2020 20.15 I noticed on my trip to Morrisons today that there's now a QR code for "mobile shopping". I've not spotted this in previous weeks - is this something they're trialling / about to trial?
"Scan & Shop" is being trialled by staff at the moment.
rdobbie

So, as of today, Morrisons are no longer giving loyalty points, although the More card scheme will continue to exist in app form, providing "personalised offers".

This also means that Morrisons joins ASDA as a major fuel retailer that doesn't give loyalty points. Their Morrisons Miles card (later absorbed into the More card scheme) must have been going for over 25 years by my recollection - I think it even predates Nectar and Clubcard.

A lot of people on Twitter are understandably annoyed that all points remaining on their account below the 5,000 redemption threshold are now null and void.
WillPS

Has anyone else's M had futuristic 'air gates' added to the exit of their bank of self checkouts?

https://itab.com/en/cases/Morrisons-red ... art-gates/

I presume there's a button the security guard can hit to stop them opening, but given the person they'd be trying to catch would still have to go 200m past the kiosk then the guard to get to the door I wonder how much actual use they are.

I guess like all these things they're just a deterrent designed to make people like that former Metropol member who's name escapes me think twice about putting everything through as 'carrots'.
WillPS

rdobbie wrote: Mon 10 May, 2021 02.23 So, as of today, Morrisons are no longer giving loyalty points, although the More card scheme will continue to exist in app form, providing "personalised offers".

This also means that Morrisons joins ASDA as a major fuel retailer that doesn't give loyalty points. Their Morrisons Miles card (later absorbed into the More card scheme) must have been going for over 25 years by my recollection - I think it even predates Nectar and Clubcard.

A lot of people on Twitter are understandably annoyed that all points remaining on their account below the 5,000 redemption threshold are now null and void.
I'll miss More, but not for the scheme so much as the e-mailed bonus offers which always excluded gift cards in the terms but applied anyway if you bought one.
Pete

So are these just a placebo do we think? bc the ones in europe force you to scan the transaction barcode on your receipt
"He has to be larger than bacon"
WillPS

Pete wrote: Mon 10 May, 2021 11.20 Image

So are these just a placebo do we think? bc the ones in europe force you to scan the transaction barcode on your receipt
I can't see how they're effective otherwise - even that 'barcode scan' is a bit pointless against that type of shoplifting because a sale for 10kg of carrots will yield a receipt with a barcode.
bilky asko

I think any Metropol member can at least appreciate the aesthetic joy of the Morrisons Big Green Glowing Flaps. It almost makes me forget about the loss of the revolving doors.
all new Phil

Pete wrote: Mon 10 May, 2021 11.20 Image

Especially when you can opt not to print a receipt.