Yet another Morrisons thread

Pete

Preston Grange / Tynemouth has this too. It does appear quite magnificent although I've not had a chance to try it out properly (I did have an all day breakfast and their fried bread was elite). It also has a Party Shop.

The smaller ex-Safeway at Whitley Bay obviously retains standard market street within the old Safeway deli bays. This is only really possible in full scale stores not conversions.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
thegeek

woah wrote: Wed 06 Apr, 2022 08.38 It's not a brand new concept - there is also one in Manchester near Piccadilly Square and I know of at least one other in London, at Wood Green in Haringey.
I used to live in Wood Green and the Morrisons was such a grim shopping experience that I'd frequently abandon my basket and go down the road to Sainsbury's instead. Strange to think it's gone so far up in the world.
Beep

woah wrote: Wed 06 Apr, 2022 08.38 It's not a brand new concept - there is also one in Manchester near Piccadilly Square and I know of at least one other in London, at Wood Green in Haringey.

It does look great, but I can't see it being rolled out anywhere except busy urban areas where there is enough footfall to keep it busy - especially at lunchtime.
There's one in Canning Town too which I had the experience of using one weekend when working away from where I normally do about 6 months back.

The pizza was okay I thought, nothing special.