Yet another Morrisons thread

Nick Harvey
God

As a slight aside, you know all the yellow signs they put up on lamp posts to direct builders and potential buyers to new housing estates? All the ones locally have started to appear as "EstateName@Devizes" all of a sudden.

I have a funny feeling I might mention that point at slightly greater length in September's Comment.
Spencer For Hire

Anyone else seen the new Morrisons' staff uniforms? I noticed last night in our local store, they're now all wearing them.

They've ditched the 70s look for, erm... an 80s look.

Shirts and blouses are predominantly white with green and yellow criss-crossed lines. Aprons are now green too.

The women's uniforms are worst. For some reason, they've decided to keep the Mrs Mop style tabards as part of the uniform - except now they're green and white.

Generally I think Mozzers' in-store revamps have been done really well, and have improved the stores no end. But the new uniforms aren't a great improvement at all. To me they look like they would have suited Gateway supermarkets in the mid 80s.
all new Phil

TSK @ having to dig down all the way to page 9 for this thread.

Just been looking on the Morrisons website and found this page: http://www.morrisons.co.uk/Store-Finder/New-stores/ - is it me or do the new stores look incredibly fab indeed? A new store in one of Mr Harvey's favourite places too, I see.

I still believe the recent revamp has done the company a hell of a lot of good. I popped into my local Sainsbury's the other day and it was dead, as it often is. Morrisons, on the other hand, is always absolutely bloody heaving. I've been going there a lot more of late, although they do sell the best cooked breakfasts in the world in their cafe.
lukey

all new Phil wrote:Just been looking on the Morrisons website and found this page: http://www.morrisons.co.uk/Store-Finder/New-stores/ - is it me or do the new stores look incredibly fab indeed? A new store in one of Mr Harvey's favourite places too, I see.
I especially love what appears to be a repurposed petrol station roof in Gorleston...
The Lurker

I got a kick out of the Blandford Forum one.
Pete

BREAKING MORRISONS NEWS: Morrisons in Dundee has just had a small delivery of new trolleys in new colours.

The small trolleys, formerly yellow trim, yellow bar and black lettering now has a green trim, with yellow bar and green lettering in the new style.

I might also have seen the new large trolley in green (replacing the black) but it might have been one of the ones with a baby seat on.

I intended to take a photo, but there were a bunch of scums near the trolleys so I left it.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Square Eyes

This thread needs a good dusting down in readiness for the festive season.

Being a closeted Morrisons shopper, I notice that they have a number of 'Buy one Get Two Free' offers at the moment.

Is this a Morrisons phenomenon or do other well known retailers have such similar offers ?
WillPS

I still don't understand why Morrisons didn't adopt the Safeway brand and their megastore formats. Far better than anything this wasp-coloured hideousity has ever churned out.
Cache

WillPS wrote:I still don't understand why Morrisons didn't adopt the Safeway brand and their megastore formats. Far better than anything this wasp-coloured hideousity has ever churned out.
TSK @ your Morrisons bashing.

Interesting to see that M&S (soon to be under an ex-Morrisons boss) is going to trial manned, fresh meat and fish counters.

See more here.
WillPS

They have them in Meadowhall M&S now, right beside the escalators which means the Lingerie department absolutely reeks of fish. Not exactly ideal.

And from what I've seen so far, completely unused. M&S shoppers like their packet food!!
Nick Harvey
God

Ahem! The answer to that is to stop hanging around in the lingerie department!