Yet another Morrisons thread

bilky asko

WillPS wrote: Tue 08 Nov, 2022 21.00 I feel like I've seen them at Asda, but I can't be sure. I interface so rarely with the section below the scale nowadays, in fact only really when I have a physical coupon to tender. They certainly have the long rigid tray on their trolley self scans.

Talking of coupons, I note there's no Catalina printer attached. Are Morrisons doing away with them?
Now you mention it, I wonder if I've seen that style of bagging area at Asda before - but I tend to use the Scan & Go instead when I'm there.

I suppose it would make sense that they're dropping the Catalinas now the MyMorrisons app is in full flow. I last had one printed in June.
Pete

Speaking of coupons. I wish Tesco would fix their tills so that coupons on the clubcard app don't need you to wiggle a bit of paper in the slot to make it register.

Also I noticed when I used SAYS on a NCR till the other day (so I could throw some cash in) it managed to unscan my clubcard I'd used to unlock the handset meaning none of my offers came off until I scanned it a second time.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
bilky asko

Pete wrote: Wed 09 Nov, 2022 10.12 Speaking of coupons. I wish Tesco would fix their tills so that coupons on the clubcard app don't need you to wiggle a bit of paper in the slot to make it register.

Also I noticed when I used SAYS on a NCR till the other day (so I could throw some cash in) it managed to unscan my clubcard I'd used to unlock the handset meaning none of my offers came off until I scanned it a second time.
I've come to find the way the coupons operate on the MyMorrisons app and with Lidl Plus to be a lot more convenient.

It is funny to see the £2 and 10% discounts being spread between every line on the Lidl receipt - presumably they do it that way to prove they aren't discounting baby formula and the like.
m-in-m

Pete wrote: Wed 09 Nov, 2022 10.12 Speaking of coupons. I wish Tesco would fix their tills so that coupons on the clubcard app don't need you to wiggle a bit of paper in the slot to make it register.

Wow. You'd think there would be an "are you sure prompt" if it will remove a Clubcard.
WillPS

Yes. This is particularly annoying if you have a colleague discount but want to pay on a Tesco Bank credit card, as tapping the credit card to pay causes all the discounts to disappear.
Zimba

bilky asko wrote: Tue 08 Nov, 2022 20.57 There's been a big change up my end - the belted self-service checkouts have been replaced with a slightly larger area of standard trolley-style self-service checkouts.

However, the checkout is a new style:

The note acceptor can take multiple notes at once, and the coin acceptor is a proper chute. The bagging area is a plasticky tray, which I've never seen before.

Has anyone else experienced these particular units?
All the big 4 have them now, Sainsbury's are quite rare but they're starting to get them, I know Whitehouse Farm in Stockton definitely has them. Tesco are also adding them aswell.

ASDA - https://itab.imagevault.media/published ... A_UK13.jpg
Tesco - https://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/webimg/b ... &width=640
Sainsbury's - https://i2-prod.stokesentinel.co.uk/inc ... sburys.jpg (not very clear)

There's a tiny little basket variation about aswell which are much narrower than the older ones.

Here's one in Sainsburys which also has a coupon printer on it - https://i2-prod.hertfordshiremercury.co ... eckout.jpg
bilky asko

That may explain where I'd seen the plastic bagging area then, most likely at Asda
BBC TV Centre

I have noticed in my local Morrisons they have got rid of a lot of the manned checkouts and replaced them with the ones in the photo.

The self checkout hardware in Waitrose must be coming up to 10 years old as we still have the delightfully brown coloured hardware, although it has seen some recent additions in the form of the CCTV screen with built in camera, and the weight scale is now enforced, no doubt loss prevention were noticing people were putting steaks through as root vegetables.
dosxuk

BBC TV Centre wrote: Sat 12 Nov, 2022 22.25No doubt loss prevention were noticing people were putting steaks through as root vegetables.
The quality of Waitrose customer has gone down.
all new Phil

BBC TV Centre wrote: Sat 12 Nov, 2022 22.25The self checkout hardware in Waitrose must be coming up to 10 years old as we still have the delightfully brown coloured hardware, although it has seen some recent additions in the form of the CCTV screen with built in camera, and the weight scale is now enforced, no doubt loss prevention were noticing people were putting steaks through as root vegetables.
Yes - huge focus on loss prevention recently.
bilky asko

WillPS wrote: Tue 08 Nov, 2022 21.00Talking of coupons, I note there's no Catalina printer attached. Are Morrisons doing away with them?
Having looked again during my latest visit, they have installed the Catalina printers above the screen. I'm not sure if this was done in the meantime, or if I just missed it out of the photo I took.